Author Topic: Margaret Kitchener Forbes  (Read 936 times)

Offline hagridible

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Kitchener Forbes
« on: Thursday 07 May 20 18:57 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know anything about the life of Margaret Kitchener Forbes, born in Perthshire in about 1915?

Regards,

Michael

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Kitchener Forbes
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 May 20 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael  :)

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

Have you had a look at her birth entry to confirm her parents' details? It shows on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk as Margaret Kitche (no more room on index) Forbes, 1915, Caputh Perthshire.

Her marriage to Neil Menzies shows in 1945 in Clunie Perthshire. It is too recent to view online and would need to be ordered (75 yr closure for marriages, so will be available online next year).

She looks to have died in 1981 in Perth. Mother's surname also indexed as Menzies (again, death would need to be ordered due to 50 yr closure for online access on deaths).

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hagridible

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 May 20 17:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Monica:-) I am starting from the name Margaret Kitchener Forbes as someone my mother might be connected to. I don't know anything else about her. When I searched for the name I came up with the one you found in 1915 in Perthshire. Since that is the only match I found anywhere, it seemed like this might be the person, since the dates match.

I want to find out, and I know it is a long shot, is if she might have worked in Elstree, London in about 1938. 

Offline PollyWollyDoodle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 July 21 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, this Margaret Kitchener Forbes  is my mother`s aunt.I am also interested in genealogy and will help if I can. I can`t immediately think of of  connection to London though.

Offline PollyWollyDoodle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 06 August 21 20:30 BST (UK) »
My great aunt   Margaret Kitchener Forbes was a lovely lady who was born in 1915 and died in 1997.