Author Topic: Can anyone please help find baptisms of John GWYNN & Alice HUGHES  (Read 941 times)

Offline adamjack

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hi :-)

This is my last request! John Gwynn (or Gwynne) and Alice Hughes married on 23 June 1734 at St Nicholas, Trelleck and both were listed as being of Trelleck.

Possible baptism of John is in 1701 in Monmouth (son of Charles & Sophia nee Glanvil) or 1706 in Llangwm (John Gwin son of John) but am curious if there is any other alternative baptism for John, perhaps in Trelleck. I would also like to find a baptism of Alice Hughes, a possible baptism was Alice Hugh, baptised in 1702 in Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, daughter of Charles.

Thank you! :-)

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone please help find baptisms of John GWYNN & Alice HUGHES
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 May 20 18:45 BST (UK) »
possible for John baptised 8 Aug 1714 son of Henry & Susan in Hewelsfield, other side of the Wye.

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/MON/Trelleck

The John, son of John Gwin, gent, who was baptised in 1706 was buried 1 Jan 1724.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline adamjack

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone please help find baptisms of John GWYNN & Alice HUGHES
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 May 20 02:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much osprey. I will add the baptism in 1714 Hewelsfield as a possible and remove the 1706 baptism.  :D