Author Topic: Llangristiolus, Anglesey MI Enquiry  (Read 835 times)

Offline Welldigger

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llangristiolus, Anglesey MI Enquiry
« on: Friday 08 May 20 17:53 BST (UK) »
Is anyone able to do an MI lookup for Llangristiolus? I am currently researching the life and work of revivalist Richard Owen who was buried at Llangristiolus in 1887. His wife Ellen outlived him. She was alive in 1911 when she was 62. I was wondering if she was buried with Richard, and whether her details appear on the monument. The wording of the inscription(s) on the monument would be helpful. Diolch yn fawr - many thanks.

Welldigger

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Llangristiolus, Anglesey MI Enquiry
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 May 20 18:59 BST (UK) »
Looked in the Burials of Llangristiolus, but there isn't a suitable Ellen Owen. I tried finding her in 1911, but not sure if I found your Ellen. Where was she living in 1911? The newspapers very helpfully barely mention women even in one or two of the articles amongst the many on Richard Owen's death. Ironically, according to newspaper articles, he was sorting out a headstone for his family grave. I will have a look to see if I might have phoptographed his grave when I visited the church last year, but even the stone we hoped to find had collapsed and had to be dug up from under the turf.

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Llangristiolus, Anglesey MI Enquiry
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 May 20 21:22 BST (UK) »
Sadly nothing in my photos. There were a few large marble type columns that might be relevant, but I'm afraid I didn't photograph the inscriptions and so they're unreadable.