Author Topic: John Patience m Mary but where and when.  (Read 499 times)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
John Patience m Mary but where and when.
« on: Sunday 10 May 20 04:05 BST (UK) »
I just cannot find that marriage, I have searched on Ancestry's Parish Register Index, Free Reg, Family Search and done a preliminary (I have no sub) search on FindMyPast, I have where possible on those sites checked Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Suffolk, Zilch.

John and Mary Patience baptised 10 children at Great Easton, Essex, 1695 to 1718. Alexander, John, Mary, Thomas, Daniel, Susanna, Elizabeth, Francis, Samuel and Mary, the children's surname was spelled Patience.

John Patience senior was baptised John Pashion 5 Nov 1662 at Great Easton the son of Thomas Pashon and Hester Baker who married 10 Nov 1661 at Gt Easton.
John 1662 had a brother Alexander who was baptised with the surname Patience, the child before Alexander and the three after him had the surname spelled Pashion.  ???

Would appreciate any help with John and Mary's marriage, I'm stumped.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Patience m Mary but where and when.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 May 20 05:05 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage at Great Easton for a Robert Passon to Mary Marriage 23 May 1693.
Is it possible a clerical error was made listing Robert instead of John. This marriage would fit with the first child being baptized 1695

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 May 20 07:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that amondg, I had found that marriage but disregarded it, I think I'd better reconsider, I'll go in and see if I can find any children for a Robert & Mary Passon, Patience etc  in Gt Dunmow or Lt & Gt Easton 1693 onwards. 

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 May 20 03:32 BST (UK) »
Hi amondg,

Unfortunately the marriage of Robert Passon to Mary Marriage is not a clerical error, the groom's name is definitely Robert not John.

Robert and Mary baptised seven children at Little Easton 1694 to 1711, the fifth child with the surname Pationce, the rest Patience, I suspect the Pationce would be Patience, probably mis-transcribed due to faded or poor writing etc.

So it's back to the drawing board although at this stage I have no idea how to find John and Mary's marriage.

Anyway thanks for your efforts they are very much appreciated.

Regards.

PS. Last Thursday I sent a PM to someone on Rootschat who has an Essex Patient/Patience surname interest regarding the marriage of John and Mary Patience, in the possibly vain hope they are following the same branch and might have had more success than myself.  However I'm not holding my breath.  ;D

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 May 20 04:37 BST (UK) »
Had another try on Ancestry's Essex Parish Register Index (EPRI), FreeReg, Family Search and FindMyPast, also tried searches in Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Great Easton being none too far from those borders, no luck.

Followed up on a John Persons who married Mary Nash (Rash on the EPRI) in 1691 at Takeley but from the baptisms of their children, 1692 to 1713 at Takeley, the surname was actually Parsons.

I have nowhere left to search, I have tried using all sorts of variations of the surname including wildcards such as P* and Pa*, so reluctantly I'm throwing in the towel.

I haven't heard from the person with Patience interests yet, I suspect I am not going to hear from them.  :)