Author Topic: Hugh McAuley  (Read 510 times)

Offline weed

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hugh McAuley
« on: Thursday 14 May 20 14:16 BST (UK) »
HI I am hoping to find information regarding any descendants of my great uncle Hugh McAuley, born Belfast 1872, who moved with his family to the Newcastle area after the 1911 census from Coatbridge Scotland. thank you in anticipation.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh McAuley
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 May 20 15:22 BST (UK) »
There seems to be other related threads about the McAuley family, including this one where the last reply to you was from one of Hugh's great-grandchildren.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=436023.0

Did you ever get in touch with him?

There are a selection of trees on ancestry with this family in them, I only glanced at one but that has photos of Hugh, maybe contacting one of the tree owners would result in more info about his offspring.

looking for Hugh Macauley born 1872 in the 1939 census in Northumberland should bring a result for him

There is a likely death registration in 1951 Q1 Northumberland South for a Hugh Macauley, aged 79

Boo

Offline weed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 May 20 10:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your interest Tickettyboo, yes I did successfully contact that relative but since have let things lapse. Recent events have rekindled my interest so I will have another go. thanks again. Weed

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 May 20 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi weed

If you are interested in having the burial info for Hugh just remind me again when Lockdown is over and I will see if I can find him in a burial register for Northumberland South at the library at North Shields.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline weed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 May 20 14:18 BST (UK) »
thank you r t lass I will when freedom returns, weed

Offline eck76

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 March 21 19:29 GMT (UK) »
hi

I'm a bit late to the party, but Hugh was my Great-Great grandfather.  Other than that I know little about him.  I would love to know more if you have any information.  By the way, Jstephenson who replied previously to you is my dads cousin (my second cousin?).  Hugh's daughter Mary married Albert Stephenson, who we are both descended from.

Alec