Author Topic: General discussion on current situation  (Read 12591 times)

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: General discussion on current situation
« Reply #126 on: Monday 25 May 20 11:26 BST (UK) »
An argument can be made as to why he and his wife went to Durham. I don't personally believe him, but I am rational enough to see that there might be a reason.

ADDED
As do the Police their guidance states-
"The following activities are not in the list of examples of reasonable excuses:
To visit the homes of friends and family (exceptions include to protect a vulnerable person, for medical purposes or to escape risk of harm)." 

BUT 
After they were both clear of the virus the law was clearly broken by their return to London. He knew what he was doing and he should be fined (£1,000 at that time).   

Cummings is the power behind the throne - Boris is but the sock-puppet. Take away Cummings and Boris will be exposed as the bumbling buffoon that he always is and was. 

Regards 

Chas         

Your argument fails as he returned to London to work.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Monday 25 May 20 11:28 BST (UK) »
An argument can be made as to why he and his wife went to Durham. I don't personally believe him, but I am rational enough to see that there might be a reason. 

At the time, his wife was displaying symptoms, he was not. Wasn't he capable of looking after his own 4 year old child at their London home and self isolating for the required period there?
He may never have caught it. How was he able to predict at that point that they both would be affected by the virus to such an extent that they together were incapable of looking after one small child?
He's an adviser - is he clairvoyant too?
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Monday 25 May 20 11:32 BST (UK) »
Funnily enough, rather than being inflammatory I was saying how I feel this thread is - not much lightness.  I see that some of those on the Diary threads feel sad/down/depressed and was really just commenting that this thread is unlikely to raise their spirits.

If I start to read a thread I don't like or disagree with, I don't bother to read or follow it. This thread is titled "General discussion on current situation" which is what people are doing. If I want a light hearted thread I go to the Totally off Topic boards.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Monday 25 May 20 11:55 BST (UK) »

BUT 
After they were both clear of the virus the law was clearly broken by their return to London. He knew what he was doing and he should be fined (£1,000 at that time).   

Cummings is the power behind the throne - Boris is but the sock-puppet. Take away Cummings and Boris will be exposed as the bumbling buffoon that he always is and was. 

Regards 

Chas         

Your argument fails as he returned to London to work.
Cheers
Guy

No it does not! 

At the time there was no dispensation. He could have done his job equally as well from Durham. Even if Boris could not have existed without his physical presence at No. 10, that does not excuse his wife and child returning. 

No excuses - he broke the law and should be punished. 
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Monday 25 May 20 12:06 BST (UK) »
Why Barnard Castle? from Craig Murray!

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/05/why-barnard-castle/

Skoosh.

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Monday 25 May 20 12:17 BST (UK) »
No it does not! 

At the time there was no dispensation. He could have done his job equally as well from Durham. Even if Boris could not have existed without his physical presence at No. 10, that does not excuse his wife and child returning. 

No excuses - he broke the law and should be punished. 

There has been since the very first day of the lockdown that people who cannot work from home can travel to go to work.
In his case the alternative would have meant various documents books etc. would have to transfer up and down the country (for security reasons), meetings would have to take place involving MPs and civil servants travelling up to Durham on a frequent basis.
It is reasonable that his wife and child returned with him as Boris's wife and child did when her returned to No. 10.

I have more concerns that Boris went to Chequers rather than No. 10 when he came out of hospital but the press did not take that up as they would have been ridiculed by the public if they had even attempted to make something of it.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Monday 25 May 20 12:35 BST (UK) »
Mr Etchells,
This is not the first time, nor the second, nor even the third time that my posts have annoyed you so much that you feel the need to correct me publicly. But, it will be the last time. After posting this, I will immediately block you so I do not have to read your supposed corrections ever again. You would be well advised to reciprocate and block me also. That way I would no longer annoy you.
You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion, but be advised that it is of no more value than mine or anybody else's. Just because YOU say it does not give it any extra weight or credence. Goodbye 

Kiltpin
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Monday 25 May 20 12:38 BST (UK) »
Mr Etchells,
This is not the first time, nor the second, nor even the third time that my posts have annoyed you so much that you feel the need to correct me publicly. But, it will be the last time. After posting this, I will immediately block you so I do not have to read your supposed corrections ever again. You would be well advised to reciprocate and block me also. That way I would no longer annoy you.
You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion, but be advised that it is of no more value than mine or anybody else's. Just because YOU say it does not give it any extra weight or credence. Goodbye 

Kiltpin

I did not say it did, but this is a forum, a place where different points of views are exchanged.
Cheers
Guy

Offline Marmalady

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Monday 25 May 20 12:41 BST (UK) »
Mr Etchells,
... my posts have annoyed you so much that you feel the need to correct me publicly.

Kiltpin

I did not read the post as a correction but merely as a difference of opinion -- of which there will always be many when discussing current affairs on a public discussion forum.
Wainwright - Yorkshire
Whitney - Herefordshire
Watson -  Northamptonshire
Trant - Yorkshire
Helps - all
Needham - Derbyshire
Waterhouse - Derbyshire
Northing - all