Author Topic: 1841 census look up - Timothy Jones  (Read 1323 times)

Offline RuthieB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1841 census look up - Timothy Jones
« on: Tuesday 23 August 05 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hello Carmarthen/Caerfyrddin people!
This is a bit of an ask this one!
I'm trying to trace a Timothy Jones. His daughter ELiza Jones married Frederick Woolley of Newtown, Montgomeryshire in 1868 at Caersws Baptist Chapel.

The marriage certificate has 'of full age' and the censuses from 1881 on suggest that she was born around 1849/51. Timothy Jones was deceased at the time of marriage, but is described as farmer.
Census information is that Eliza was born in Llandovery, Carmarthen and we know she was the only Welsh speaker in the family she married into.

Can someone let me know if there were thousands of Timothy Joneses to choose from in the 1841 census? Or possibly if there was a Timothy Jones in the 1851 census with a 2 year old Eliza?

love RuthieB
Jones, Mantle; Radnorshire
Russell, Stonehouse, Agar; Yorkshire/Durham
Brown, Fair; Durham,  
Little, Cumberland
Morris, Woolley, Owens; Montgomeryshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jqaswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up - Timothy Jones
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 05 12:45 BST (UK) »
I thought I had found something when I saw someone looking for Timothy.  Hello Ruth - I am also trying to find out what happened to the Willmore family after Jane died in 1844, have you had info I sent u? any suggestions?
Jq
Woolley - Newtown; Hibbott - Newtown & Chicago; Harris - Newtown; Jones - Llandovery; Evans - Carno; Willmore - Lancashire; Thomas - Trefeglwys