Author Topic: Diary > Friday 22 May  (Read 404 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Friday 22 May
« on: Friday 22 May 20 21:46 BST (UK) »
What a frustrating day today, I could scream!

Woke up very early, 6.20 am that's the middle of the night for me. Well I wasn't going to get up at that time so laid there for another hour, not sure whether I was awake or not. Then I got up to make a cup of tea, it was very quiet around here. Read for some time and caught up on the news.

I had a parcel coming today, the app told me it would be coming between 9.45 and 11.45 then kept changing. I went for my walk earlier than usual. Very few people on the field but after a while the dog walkers started emerging, it was really windy, makes me breathless easily. 

Checked the app when I got home, the expected delivery window had changed again.

My kitchen drain has been a bit smelly, I thought it was probably from the outside one so I followed some advice I'd read - a cup of soda crystals, a cup of bicarbonate of soda, a kettle of boiling water and watch it fizz, then another kettle of boiling water. It didn't fizz but seems to be improved. The soda crystals were all in a lump so before opening the packet I dropped it on the floor a few times to loosen them. Guess what, the packet split but only slightly.

My parcel arrived, it contained an indoor security camera. I already have a couple that are pointed out of the windows, this was to focus on my back garden and the adjoining fence. I would have ordered the same type as the ones I already have but they come fom China, 'nuff said. After lunch I decided to set it up, the instructions were terrible, said to download the app but there were several apps it could have been, of course I downloaded the wrong one. Spent ages faffing about trying to enter IP address or URL, wouldn't have it. Googled it and found better instructions with a picture of the app I needed, once downloaded it was straightforward. Then I had to find something to raise the camera up, eventually put it on top of a necklace hanger, taped on.

In the meantime the wind had gathered speed and the plastic sheets and trellis on my fence all came adrift, I was battling the wind to try and fasten them on again, hoping I wouldn't come face to face with nosey neighbour. Nothing seemed to work, eventually fastened things with string and cable ties, what a mess my once lovely garden is looking, I'm so sick of all this. Sick of hearing myself going on about it too.

A friend rang, she'd been to the local garden centre for some bedding plants, her first journey out. She said it was quite quiet and they were well sorted for social distancing. She has underlying health issues, said she breathed a huge sigh of relief when she got home. I don't know whether I dare go, will see how I feel after the weekend.

Had a glass of wine with my spag bol, another now. This is the time of day when I really feel lonely. Been watching TV, fed up of the supposedly inspirational videos, I turn the sound down. Am tired now, should just call it a day and go to bed early but I probably won't. I just feel like I've had a wasted day.

Hope everyone has had a more fulfilling day, RTL, I hope your buses have worked out well for you and no headaches tomorrow.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 22 May
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 May 20 21:58 BST (UK) »
I woke at a similar time but I actually had about 5hrs of sleep last night a miracle for me.  Most sleep in about 5hrs. 

Despite this feeling tearful today, trying frantically to get the house gutted even though I'm working 5 out of 8 days.  I only work part time (9 shifts a month atm due to childcare) so pretty heavy.  My back is killing me with my sciatica playing up so really sore.  On top of that last night a neighbour told me I shouldn't go out for the clap until I had done something for the covid effort
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 22 May
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 May 20 23:08 BST (UK) »
Oh dear  neither of you Roobarb or Pharma seem to have had a very good day.... I know the feeling!
I'm sorry your gardens getting you down Roobarb and all this wind doesn't  help either ...
Pharma how anyone could say you need to do something for the covid effort beggars belief... think I'd have hit her over the head with a frying pan!
Hope RTL doesn't suffer with problems re her buses and bureaucrats with clipboards......honesty WHATS THE MATTER WITH SOME OF THESE PEOPLE... makes you want to scream!

My Day

Peace and quiet... I got up to being in the house on my own ....hooray can't believe I've got some time on my own.... OH gone to play golf the full 18 holes today for the first time it's allowed....
Had breakfast....
Set to and cleaned the house... put a CD on.. Adele and turned it up REALLY LOUD... cos I could ... both neighbours deaf as posts so not going to upset anyone...
It was great...then Bryan Adams.... I'd quite forgotten what it was like to have some space!
As you can tell I'm used to having my own time and found it really great...
Really windy out leaves and branches all over the place... just waiting for next doors two dead conifers to come crashing down... silly old fool!
Had to put loads of extra pegs on the washing or it might have blown halfway down the village!
Once cleaning all done decided to go and get on with last two sets of scrubs...
Amazing parcel with hair products arrived...only ordered them the other day...
Lovely note and picture on FB from yogalates teacher of flowers I'd sent her they looked really nice and she was pleased... job well done... I've used company before and never been disappointed..
Time for lunch.. OH back now he'd enjoyed his game so all good...
Decided he'd bake more bread as we'd finished other lot.
More sewing... listened to briefing in the radio.... isn't it shut the door after the horse has bolted bringing in 14 days quarantine now? Do they know what they're doing....
Time to get dinner ready... Blimey... bread on second proving and overflowed onto kitchen counter.... he'd forgotten all about it! Knock it back leave for 10 mins then bake...
Thought I'd just finish off and press garments to discover I'd sewn pockets on the back of one top instead of the front.... silly B... take off and resew!
By this time it's nearly 6.30! It's the bung it all in one fish dish tonight as getting late!
Watch Gardeners world and off to bed to read...
Day started well enough but ended with disagreement so fiddle sticks!

Hope others have had better one...

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK