Author Topic: Jessie May Ellis (nee Bray of Forbes)  (Read 331 times)

Offline BigTrev52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jessie May Ellis (nee Bray of Forbes)
« on: Monday 25 May 20 08:20 BST (UK) »
Greetings,

I have been researching the various sides of my family during the last three years since I retired and I recently found out that Jessie May Ellis  cemetery in Sutherland. I have never know much about her but intend to visit her grave now that lock down is over. I know a reasonable amount about my side of the family (Ellis), but would love to find out any information about the Brays. Jessie May's father was William Bray and it the Bray side of the family that I am trying to trace. So, if anyone has any information about the Brays or Ellis's from Forbes, I would be very grateful. I knew Robert Ellis my late cousin very well and my two sons, now grown up, visited him and his late wife. Regards  Trevor Ellis

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Jessie May Ellis (nee Bray of Forbes)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 May 20 11:59 BST (UK) »
A warm welcome to Rootschat.

It would help us search if you could give us the dates and sources of information you have.

William BRAY - do you know when and who he married, or when he was born and died?
Jessie May - do you know when and where she was born, and if she had any siblings?

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Jessie May Ellis (nee Bray of Forbes)
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 May 20 12:08 BST (UK) »
Welcome Big Trev,

Are you talking about New South Wales,  Australia?

I am NSW centric,  born n bred on The Lachlan.  I recognise both those surnames from my local history studies.   :) ....

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.