Author Topic: john brown 1792  (Read 376 times)

Offline telboym8

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
john brown 1792
« on: Thursday 28 May 20 17:34 BST (UK) »
Well I knew I wa/s going to hit a brick wall sooner or later with this name, John Brown. He was a gret /randfather, and I have him born 1792 in Lincolnshire, but no place or true date. He was married to Elizabeth eldred 13/10/1818 and I have a death for him 23/12/1840 at welby lincs.  Only record I have found to match is the marriage.

Ca anyone help?  I have a christening record of their son John Eldred Brown and he was christened in welby in 1831
brown/cope/baldwin

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: john brown 1792
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 May 20 14:16 BST (UK) »
These are the only 3 coming up on Free Reg

John BROWN   Baptism   10 Jul 1792   Billinghay : St Michael
John BROWN   Baptism   1 Sep 1792   Crowle : St Oswald
John BROWN   Baptism   24 Sep 1792   Folkingham : St Andrew

https://www.lincstothepast.com/Records/RecordDisplayTranscript.aspx?oid=508823&iid=318985

The marriage says John Brown of Welby
Baptisms Welby Free Reg
https://www.freereg.org.uk/search_queries/5ed10adb4325a6ef1f2794a2?locale=en
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my favourite jumper about 1976
    • View Profile
Re: john brown 1792
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 May 20 06:31 BST (UK) »
Interesting to note that John Eldred Brown was given as living at Welby Catch Bar......I was born at Welby, and know where Welby Side Bar is, it's an outlying farm, about a mile from the village, and I think at one time there was a toll bar in the area, but never heard it called the "Catch" Bar.....back in the 50's and 60's, and no doubt before then, there was a chap called Clifford Brown, who lived at Welby, he was the local butcher, there may be a connection.....
Clarke , Calvert , McCreadie,
 McDowell, Paton & Scott families,  Scotland
& Ireland, Ayto/Hayto/Eato/Eatough families, Lincolnshire.