Author Topic: Grandfathers obituary in West Ham 1967  (Read 334 times)

Offline Jeffw1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Grandfathers obituary in West Ham 1967
« on: Thursday 28 May 20 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi there hoping someone can help please assist me?

I was trying to trace my grandfathers obituary from the local newspaper of West Ham in 1967.

I have unsuccessfully scoured a few newspapers, would I be right in saying that the main newspapers at the time would of been the Newham Recorder and the Stratford Express or were there any other local papers it would of gotten a mention in?

I have tried to locate the aforementioned newspapers at the British Newspaper Archive page but can only locate the following page

https://help-and-advice.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/forums/243704-newspapers-we-should-add-next/suggestions/19324186-newham-recorder

Have I missed the papers archives on that page or is it not currently available thus leaving me with the Newham archives ?

Thanks for your help it’s most appreciated

Regards

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grandfathers obituary in West Ham 1967
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 May 20 07:31 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat, Jeffw1.

I do not have local knowledge of West Ham, so would have to do a google search to find relevant papers etc.

On a general note, lots of local papers are not online, and have not been digitised or even photographed.  I have sat at a large desk reading through old bound copies of newspapers, looking for obituaries amongst other things.

Are you sure that an obituary was published?