Author Topic: Patrick Sloan, d Butte, MT, October 8, 1906  (Read 249 times)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Patrick Sloan, d Butte, MT, October 8, 1906
« on: Sunday 31 May 20 15:32 BST (UK) »
Patrick Sloan died in Butte, Montana, on October 8, 1906, age 51. Did he have a death notice or obituary?

The man we are looking for had a wife and 2 children in Ireland, but his death record says this man was single. I'm hoping whoever provided the information for a death notice knew more about him than the informant on his death record.

The man of the same name who died in Butte in 1910 is not the right person. The parents' names and his wife's name do not match. And that man's wife was living in Butte, I think.

Thank you.

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Sloan, d Butte, MT, October 8, 1906
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 May 20 15:53 BST (UK) »
The Butte Miner
Butte, Montana
Wednesday, October 10, 1906 - Page 5

The funeral of the late Pat Sloan will take place this afternoon at two o'clock from the residence of Peter Doran, 121 West Copper street. Services at Sacred Heart church.

======================
"Slown" is what was printed, not a transcription error.

The Butte Daily Post
Butte, Montana
Tuesday, October 09, 1906 - 4

Pat Slown, aged 51 years, died last evening after a short illness of cancer. The deceased had been in the city about one year. The funeral will take place tomorrow afternoon at 2 o'clock from the residence of Pat Doran, 121 West Copper street, proceeding to the Sacred Heart church, where services will be held.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Sloan, d Butte, MT, October 8, 1906
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 May 20 16:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you. That matches his likely immigration, May 1905, from Kilfeaghan, Co. Down, headed to a cousin Patrick Doran in Butte.

The family knew his age, that he was a miner, and the general cause of death. All this matches the one we are looking for. Maybe the family will recognize "Doran" or I can tie them together on the Irish records.