Author Topic: Richard HOBBS born ca 1808  (Read 631 times)

Offline Nikkei

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Richard HOBBS born ca 1808
« on: Wednesday 03 June 20 17:31 BST (UK) »
I am trying to determine where in England this Richard HOBBS and his wife, Miriam, came from. I have no marriage for them; all censuses state they were both born England. Living in The Vale, Guernsey And Adjacent Islands, Channel Islands: 1841 name HOB, 1851 Richard HOBBS age 41, children Susannah, Aaron, Angelina, Mary Ann, John, Selina; 1861, Richard age 45; 1881, Richard age 74, and 1891, Richard, age 83, widow, living with one daughter. Miriam, his wife, appears to have died between the 1881 and 1891 censuses. Any help most appreciated.
NOSWORTHY, HORSWILL, YELLAND, CROCKER, POPE in Devon; NESWORTHY in Durham & Northumberland; FARLEY in Sussex; RICKARD in Cornwall.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard HOBBS born ca 1808
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 17:52 BST (UK) »
You're in luck - they married in Jersey
St Brelade's parish church
'Richard Hob of Landrake, Cornwall and Miriam Hodder of Sherbourne, Dorset were married on the thirtieth day of March one thousand eight hundred and thirty four'

Offline Nikkei

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Richard HOBBS born ca 1808
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 19:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you, thank you SO MUCH!! That is exactly what I needed. And, it is the Richard HOBBS I was looking for. I am delighted.
NOSWORTHY, HORSWILL, YELLAND, CROCKER, POPE in Devon; NESWORTHY in Durham & Northumberland; FARLEY in Sussex; RICKARD in Cornwall.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.