Author Topic: Aimé Crevier Bellerive Proof of Land Ownership  (Read 447 times)

Offline leshack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Aimé Crevier Bellerive Proof of Land Ownership
« on: Friday 05 June 20 00:02 BST (UK) »
I am hoping someone can help me.  I am looking for cadastral maps or any record of land owned by AIMÉ CREVIER BELLERIVE in southern Manitoba, any time between 1879-1920.

Joseph Aimé Crevier Bellerive was born about 1857 at Trois-Rivières, QC.  In 1879, he arrived in St-Jean-Baptiste, MB with his father, Joseph, as repatriated Canadians from Massachusetts, USA.

Aimé married in 1879 and 1881, both marriages occurred at St-Jean-Baptiste, MB.   However, in the 1906 Census he is living near Ste-Elizabeth, MB (not far from St-Jean-Baptiste). 

According to the various censuses and the local history book, Aimé was a blacksmith and a farmer.

Thank you.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Aimé Crevier Bellerive Proof of Land Ownership
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 June 20 15:30 BST (UK) »
Hello and a very warm welcome to RootsChat  :)

The link below to the Manitoba Archives has a link near the bottom related to land titles. I haven't looked at it but it hopefully it will be of help. Also note that the Archives is probably closed at the moment due to the pandemic.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/chc/archives/search.html

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline leshack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 June 20 15:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the link to the Manitoba Archives.
I had looked there initially but I think I will try again using different search terms.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 June 20 16:39 BST (UK) »
Hi again...

There are lots of resources for you to take a look at in the RootsChat resources for Manitoba. Something may be of help there. Link here...

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=218830.0

Also the Archives in general might have info.

A library local to the area may also have info but they would also be closed at the moment, I think.

There should also be a Manitoba Genealogy Society. Link here....

https://mbgenealogy.com

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline leshack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 June 20 18:09 BST (UK) »
Wow!  Lots of sites that I had not yet discovered.  I will definitely check them out. 
I have a feeling that in order to get the information I need, I will have to travel to the Provincial Archives.  Thanks again.   

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 June 20 18:51 BST (UK) »
This is the Land Grant Records 1870-1930

The link will take you to Joseph but he acquired land in Alberta not Manitoba. I can't read the year (I'm old).  If you are positive he was in Manitoba he could have sold/traded Alberta and acquired something in Manitoba you would have to contact the Manitoba Archives per PB's link.

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/land/land-grants-western-canada-1870-1930/Pages/list.aspx?Names=Bellerive&

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline leshack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 June 20 19:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the link to Joseph's homestead.  However, I am 100% sure Aimé was in southern Manitoba.  He shows up on censuses, he was married there and all his children were born there, the youngest being my paternal grandmother born in 1899. 

I agree the year is difficult to read on Joseph's record.  It looks like 1897. 

A while back, when I had searched LAC's Land Grant Records, I had found his brother who had homesteaded in Saskatchewan.  He was under the name Crevier. 

Thanks again.  I will keep looking.  I really appreciate everyone's input.  ;-)

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/land/land-grants-western-canada-1870-1930/Pages/item.aspx?IdNumber=165509&

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 06 June 20 19:41 BST (UK) »
Great find! I didn't think to look there,

I believe the date looks like 1897 for the entry for Joseph.

PB