Author Topic: Bubble Burst!!!!  (Read 1897 times)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bubble Burst!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 18 June 20 13:07 BST (UK) »
I agree with carole w about the non symptomatic and spreading but I think that is problem, people either don't care or may be have problems believing it.

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 18 June 20 13:34 BST (UK) »
What I am finding particularly worrying is the number of young people who are subscribing to various conspiracy theories, one of which is that the virus doesn't exist, that the hospitals are all empty, and that we are being kept at home for some reason (they are not specific about that reason but it usually involves Bill Gates and vaccines).   When you ask them why the government would cook up a dastardly plot to shut us in our homes, condemning us to watching hours of Prime and Netflix movies, and counting the days until the next supermarket delivery, they don't seem to be able to answer.

I agree with those of you who say it's too early to send children back to school.  If I had school-age children now, if I could possibly keep them at home, I would.
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 18 June 20 14:36 BST (UK) »
fascinating about the Conspiracy theories... as some are actually believed........................!!!

I was reading one the other day --- and could not take in the gullabillity of some people .. but its spreading all over...

some people actually seriously still believe the world is flat...  now theres a thing...   :) :) ( an attempt at lightening my post a little)

xin

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 18 June 20 15:45 BST (UK) »
I either go to the wrong places (at the moment home, Tesco click and collect, local park or local walk) or meet the wrong people - as above plus family in zoom or Facebook, but I have never met anyone who thinks it’s all a conspiracy.
Neither have I read about it - hang on - I saw Jeremy Corbyn’s brother (certainly not young) and I think he was protesting against the lockdown.
I am glad to say that so far people seem to be trying to stick to the rules/guidance.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 18 June 20 17:47 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately many people are not keeping to the social distancing rules etc - we have seen prime examples in the news of beaches, demonstrations and just Monday gone - the opening of a trainer shop with a crowd surge like the New Year sales.

I agree with carole w about the non symptomatic and spreading but I think that is problem, people either don't care or may be have problems believing it.

Covid-19
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/slides-and-datasets-to-accompany-coronavirus-press-conference-18-june-2020

1218 actually Tested Positive 18th June 2020 (this obviously does not include people who are Positive and not took a Test).

Currently 4,500 Estimated new Positive cases on a Daily basis.
 ----------
I couldn't believe that scrum outside the shop on Monday!

Mark

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 18 June 20 18:42 BST (UK) »
The demonstrations in both the USA & here were prime examples of not just peoples idiocy for their own health but their total disregard for the health of others they may subsequently infect.  The sheer volume of people was incredible and made social distancing impossible.

Yes - Black Lives Matter - but so do everybody else’s irrespective of their ethnicity
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 18 June 20 18:46 BST (UK) »
Up on yesterday - only 1115 cases, that's a 9.2% rise. If that % rate continued for a week, we're back over 2000
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 18 June 20 19:24 BST (UK) »
The demonstrations in both the USA & here were prime examples of not just peoples idiocy for their own health but their total disregard for the health of others they may subsequently infect.  The sheer volume of people was incredible and made social distancing impossible.

Yes - Black Lives Matter - but so do everybody else’s irrespective of their ethnicity

The demonstrations took place in many other countries in Europe also Australia and more.

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 18 June 20 20:14 BST (UK) »
I work in a large secondary school of @1800 pupils on a normal day. Our year 10s returned on Monday. We had roughly 90-100 each of the last 4 days. We also have a group of key worker students in a bubble. This has been my first full week back and I've been with the bubble group. So far so good but keeping them apart is like juggling jelly you have to keep repeating.
 I was nervous as I'm mildly asthmatic and now have also been added to the watch list. Being backup for the bubble group is considered safe and I am distanced from them. So far I've felt ok and comfortable. I cannot imagine even in September we will be as normal used to be as our school could not cope due to our dates buildings.
My 16 year old lost all his exams and he became a little insular. He has for the last week been biking everyday and he's now feeling better. He's unsure about 6th form and what will happen.
 No students tomorrow cleaners in to deep clean year 12 on Monday for 4 days. Baby steps.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk