Author Topic: date of death/ certificate  (Read 1325 times)

Offline buskin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
date of death/ certificate
« on: Friday 19 June 20 12:31 BST (UK) »
I'm 82 now...but have always wondered when a young girl on my dads side died and the date.
She was Bridget McEnery of Bishop Street Newcastle West County Limerick. her father Was John McEnery. She's alive in the 1911 census [age 10yo] of Ireland. dad ran off to Dublin to join the army at 16 years of age. He was born in 1899.....So Bridget died between 1911 and 1916?...but i've never traced it.
Can any one help me.

Thank you for any effort.. Tony Mc.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: date of death/ certificate
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 June 20 13:09 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline buskin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 June 20 13:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you from the bottom of my heart...It explains a lot of other things to me.My poor gran died on Christmas day in the workhouse just 33.....It leaves me wondering now about the baby Ellen. dad thought she became a nun...John was a violent drunk....Sorry for washing dirty linen...Maybe now i can make a bit more progress on my, would have been Aunts etc.
Thank you once again..I don't know your name to answer you in a mannerly way.
Tony Mc. in Liverpool.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 June 20 14:18 BST (UK) »
Tony

This is the death of your grandmother aged 30 on 26th December 1909.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1910/05432/4519020.pdf

Your gt grandparents with their daughter and grandchildren in 1901 census. (confusingly they are written as g/nephew/niece)
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Limerick/Newcastle/Bishop_Street/1511032/

KG

Modified
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 June 20 14:29 BST (UK) »
The death cert for Mary McEnery gives her age as 30 yrs.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 June 20 14:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks, conahy  ;D

Offline buskin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 June 20 14:51 BST (UK) »
Ah!..Thank you KG & Conahy...I tell you a few tears have fell today, but there in my heart...More power to you.
My brother Con was buried in february...and we often used to wonder what it was like to have a granny.... he was worse than me Conahy, he'd have been howling.... and and it's amazing to think the ould fella went on..
Mary Ita ran away to Liverpool
Dad ran away   and poor ellen became a nun.... I think John lived on in the house,,A fireman in the states wrote my dad to tell him about his sister...
Thank you once again Conahy...
Tony Mc in Liverpool

I'm sorry KG...i didn't realise that you and Conahy were seperate... thought it your name...I feel like an eejit now... Thank you KG for your work and Conahy for the input too.

Tony Mc in Liverpool.

Offline buskin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 June 20 16:11 BST (UK) »
John and Ellen O'Donnell lived next door....We don't know where John McEnery was on the census night...So his mam, my dad and Bridget went next door to their g/prents.....

Thanks KG.....

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 20 June 20 14:15 BST (UK) »
14th March 1924 Probate of the will of John Mc Enery,late of Bishop St ,Newcastlewest.Postman who died 25th November 1923, granted at Limerick to Rev John J Kelly C C   Effects £55 worth about £3,500 in today's money.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1923/05042/4380015.pdf

possible birth 1874 to Cornelius and Bridget Hetherman/Hedderman
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1874/03143/2152815.pdf