Author Topic: Bartholomew Doyle's descendants  (Read 6112 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bartholomew Doyle's descendants
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 March 19 12:23 GMT (UK) »
https://www.revolvy.com/page/Andrew-Doyle-%28artist%29

the 4th child appears to have been Sophia Isabella Doyle baptised 5th April 1801 at Ransford St which is most likely Rainsford St

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01nji/

https://www.libraryireland.com/Dublin-Street-Directory-1862/1170.php

Offline k doyle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 05:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your great research and interest.

Bartholemew Doyle is my GreatX5 grandfather. He married Bridget (nee Nugent) His parents were, according to the information I have  Edward and Anna.
Can you confirm that Bartholemew had a brother Christopher. 
I have information of 7 children. James,Anthony , Mary , Thomas AndrewJohn and Bridget.
2 sons Andrew and James were sent to Australia as convicts for a) being part of the uprising in the late 1790's or b) forgery. Andrew was convicted for possession of a forged bank note in 1801 along with James, resulting in them  being exiled to Australia, being detained at Newgate Prison, Dublin before being transported.They were transported on the ship 'Rolla', leaving Ireland on 4 November 1802 Wives and families were allowed on the Rolla which left Cork on November 4 1802..Andrew's wife Sophia Isabella nee Norris and three children(Cyrus Matthew b.1793, Louisa b.1795(later to marry in Aust toJKMcDougall and later W. Ardagh) and their 3rd child Edmund b.1799) went with them. 4 children later bornto Andrew and Sophia in Aust.
For my link,Cyrus Mathew  first married Frances Bigger in 1814, Big Andrew was their first child.b.1815. He married firstly Catherine Broughton Howe in 1837. Thefirst of their 10 children was Andrew Cyrus(littleAndrew). He married Angelina Williams in 1862. Their 5th and last child was Kenneth Louis Cyrus Doyle b.1874. He married Mary Butcher. Their 3rd and last child Kenneth Raymond (Ray) was my dad.
So many questions.  I too would be interested of the parents back in Dublin Bartholemew and Bridget. They must have  been heartbroken with so many of their children and grandchildrenbeing half a world away. 
What happened to them? Did they have other family members back in Dublin? Looking for answers.

Offline k doyle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 04:19 BST (UK) »
Hi I am not aware that Bartholemew and Bridget Nugent had a daughter called Sophia Isabella. I do know that one of their sons, Andrew b 1774 married Sophia Isabella Norris in Dublin possibly at St Catherine's.
Andrew Doyle was baptised in St Catherine's Church, Meath Street Dublin on 29 November 1774.
As far as I know they had 3 children in Ireland  Cyrus Matthew born on 27 November 1792 or 1793, Louisa born 1795 and Edmund on 16 December 1799.

(Andrew was caught for forgery and as a result transported to Australia as a convict. Sophia was a free settler and they arrived in Sydney aboard the Rolla on 12 May 1803, convict, wife and 3 children. Some records state 4 children, but there was a fourth child Emma who was born in 1804. Sophia was given a grant of land and Andrew was assigned to work for her. They had more children here,  including a daughter called Sophia Isabella b. 1806
KDoyle

Offline bvh69

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 May 22 15:09 BST (UK) »
From what I can tell, KDoyle is right about Sophia Isabella Norris marrying Andrew Doyle.  Bartholomew Doyle is my six times Great Grandfather when tracing up my mother's mother side of the family.   ;D

BEN HOGAN.