Author Topic: Birth details lookup, - Jane SNOW  (Read 775 times)

Offline ddraigcelt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BIRTH DETAILS LOOKUP, - JANE SNOW
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 June 20 16:57 BST (UK) »
Thank You Guys thats very helpful, what I want to do is establish the Hosgood side of the family, but the Thomas maiden name on the certificate has thrown a spanner in the works, cheers all.
Parker

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 June 20 17:15 BST (UK) »
the registration is informant reliant, so if the registrar hears Oxford, that is what he writes down. No checks were made and the spelling is that of the registrar.
Only thing that worries me is Mary Ann making her mark. Why would she do that when she signed the marriage register? Unless the registrar said something like put your mark here or she didn't want to disturb the baby.   :-\

Coker & fireman seem a decent fit. And the address in 1851 is still Cefn Cribbwr.

Do you have her burial?
St Fagan's Aberdare, 10 April 1876 Mary Ann Snow 63 address Harriet Street, Trecynon

Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline ddraigcelt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 June 20 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Osprey, Thank You for your replies.
                             No, I haven't got her death certificate, just a death index saying April - May - June quarter 1876 aged 63  and a Merthyr reg. district. She was living in Harriet Street, Aberdare on the 1861  census but I can't find a 1871 census for her, so she must have still been living in Harriet street in 1871, thanks for that, thats brilliant.
Parker