Author Topic: anyone looking for George Baldwin marr. 1859 Highworth (2 x father's names)  (Read 259 times)

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi,

Has anyone been looking for the ancestry of George Baldwin marr. 1859 Highworth to Elizabeth Bathe?

My reason for this topic is because some years ago I bought his marriage certifiacte (from GRO) which lists his father as James Baldwin. Yesterday I was looking at the original marriage register, found the entry  but with a father named Thomas. All other details are identical and it would appear that whoever wrote out the GRO cert. has misread the name and listed it as James.

I have submitted an error to the GRO and await their reply.

Meanwhile, I am unable to find his baptism about 1832 in Sevenhampton (or nearby parish) so if anyone can find him that would be a great help.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: anyone looking for George Baldwin marr. 1859 Highworth (2 x father's names)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 June 20 14:04 BST (UK) »
I'm assuming you have found him on the 1841/51 census with parents Thomas and Elizabeth and sister Caroline (in Highworth).

I can't find his baptism but I did find his sister Caroline bp.15/8/1829 Highworth, residence Seven Hampton.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: anyone looking for George Baldwin marr. 1859 Highworth (2 x father's names)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 June 20 14:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette7,

Yes, I him in all censuses upto 1901 (except 1861). I also have all his known siblings (6) ranging from 1820 to 1829 by scanning the Sevenhampton baptism register (on Anc...Y). I think his entry was either missed or he was baptised elsewhere .

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk