Author Topic: Covid resolutions  (Read 1178 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Covid resolutions
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 June 20 16:21 BST (UK) »
I did resolve to use the time to "sort out" the garden - but as every fuul know, as soon as you've weeded it into subjection, your pour out the G&T, and before you've finished it, the weeds are back.
I intended to paint woodwork in front porch and garage doorway - done that.
I intended to strip down paintwork on rear porch, and paint that and back doors ... no progress so far. We intended to replace two fogged up window panes, old double glazing, that we "just happened" to have exact spares for .... no progress, cowed by having to deal with silicon sealant beads for originals were embedded in. ( A couple of years back, it took us three days to completely clean out frame from another one "sealed" in same way when replacing glass.)
I resolved to thin out filing cabinet drawer contents ... no, kept getting sidetracked, but made a start.
I resolved to spring clean entire house and garage thoroughly..... house got it, but OH keeps putting off emptying all garage contents into back paved area at rear of it, and  ... having seen the size of spiders that lurk in there ..... I'm NOT doing it!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 June 20 18:02 BST (UK) »
  Igor - I have been trying to alternate light and heavy, but I have realised that most of my non-fiction is reference books, so I have had to ask my son if he can find me anything.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 June 20 18:30 BST (UK) »
  Igor - I have been trying to alternate light and heavy, but I have realised that most of my non-fiction is reference books, so I have had to ask my son if he can find me anything.

I admire your ability to focus on non-fiction T-o-t-h as my lockdown reading has been very entertainment-based and included a number of childrens' books amongst the fiction.

However, given I read on Kindle on my i-phone, I'm never short of the ability to secure new books at the drop of a hat.  A good and a bad thing.

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 June 20 19:34 BST (UK) »
All started well we went through the garden like two whirlwinds and managed to fill out back shed  with so much stuff that needs to go to the tip we had to stop because we couldn't t get any more in.... the garden looks the best its ever done but now needs going over again...
We had loads of pictures waiting to be put up so all that got done...
Filing cabinet thinned out and piles of paperwork shredded....
Then I started making hospital scrubs so anything else I had to do went out the window...
OH.had decorated my work room and new carpet has been laid the first Wednesday of distancing.... im like a pig in muck.... love it in there radio on and off I go...now onto face coverings and next week back to scrubs.
Lots of games of scrabble... words I never knew I knew....
OH been busy with jigsaws in competition with grandson to see who can do the hardest in quickest time ( whispers quietly.... grandson winning aged 6!)
Never been keen on house work so it's been done to its usual level.
Kept up weekly with Yogalates so feel good about that....
So far we're still healthy and been careful...
Family came for day in the garden social distancing... lucky we have good sized one and had a great day with them... no hugs though ☹️☹️
We aim to stay as healthy as possible and definitely not visiting any shops other than food ones nd not going to the beach either.... we live 70 miles from nearest so unlikely anyway.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK