Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 28th June  (Read 462 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Sunday 28th June
« on: Sunday 28 June 20 01:05 BST (UK) »
Very late tonight, thought someone may have beaten me to it!

Woke up late with some awful thoughts in my head, I don't know if I'd been dreaming or whether it was just my mind churning things over. I was wondering if God is punishing us with this pandemic for the way we behaved in pre pandemic life. An awful thought to have in my head, had to get up and give myself a talking to. A couple of mugs of tea helped.

Had rained sometime during the night or before I got up, cloudy when I went for my walk but not cold. The underpants had gone from the path in the woods!

After lunch and reading for a while I did quite a lot of ironing then went out to do some gardening. NN seemed to have gone indoors, it was getting very cloudy so decided to plant my new clematis. Couldn't dig down far enough in the place I wanted it as there seemed to be a lot of rubble, probably from when the path was laid on her side or from the fence. Ended up digging a hole further along in the border but will train the clematis along to where I want it to grow. It was getting darker and darker and started to thunder but no lightning. Eventually put my tools away and came indoors, really dark by then. Just in time, down the torrential rain came along with lightning, it lasted a while the started clearing again. Long conversation with a friend, had tea late. More torrential rain later.

Added to supermarket order for tomorrow, watched some TV. Late on the police helicopter was circling overhead, seemed to be right over my house at one time. Wasn't me officer! Joking apart, it's quite worrying, it's usually quite quiet around here.

All in all a more productive day than Friday. As seems usual on Saturdays lately I was thinking it was Sunday all day.

Look forward to hearing everyone's exploits.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 28th June
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 June 20 01:11 BST (UK) »
Opps... looks like we posted about the same time... but you confused me by writing Sunday!

Sorry you had such dreadful thoughts going on... think there must have been some telepathy going on as I'm quite worried about all this...

Good you got some gardening done and lucky you didn't get a soaking... good for tge plants though... hope the new clematis survives ok from NN!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 28th June (wrong day- this was Saturday 27th!)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 June 20 09:30 BST (UK) »
Sorry Caroline, that's how much I thought it was Sunday!   :-[

Trystan, could you please merge this topic with the diary that Caroline has correctly headed Saturday 27th June?
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales