Author Topic: Fredolin and Elizabetha Schmeider aboard the Fanny Kirchner from Germany in 1858  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Lisa61

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fredolin and Elizabetha Schmeider aboard the Fanny Kirchner from Germany in 1858
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 03 December 23 02:09 GMT (UK) »
Dear Leisa,

My apologies, but I have only just seen your post from 10 April 2023.

It was definitely not my intention to upset you, nor is it my intention to argue with you. I understand how precious family memories and stories are. You were obviously extremely close to your much-loved father and have an understandable desire to keep both his memory, and that of your ancestors, alive.

I would very much like to see the newspaper article you mention from the time of your great-grandparents' wedding anniversary. I would imagine it refers to their Golden Anniversary in 1931? (If you have already posted it here on Rootschat, I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to find it.)

The article would add to my knowledge about the "Fanny Kirchner" and the immigrants who arrived aboard her. It may also help to correct any misassumptions I have made in my research.

With regards my article in "Ances-tree" (March 2021), the birth date of 16 Feb 1858 for your great-grandfather Carl is as per the 'Picture Ipswich' website and the (Ipswich) Early Settlers Database website. (You didn't give a date of birth in your posts, as far as I could see, prior to my article being published, and your great-grandfather's headstone does not provide a specific one.)

The daughter, Elisabeth Marie, mentioned in the article, married Henry DAMM and passed away 16 Oct 1879, aged just 23, that is, she was born c.1856

I have never stated that the SCHMEIDERs were not aboard the "Fanny Kirchner" - I have said that, given the information I had to hand, it did not seem likely. With over 200 passengers aboard the "Fanny Kirchner" and approx. half of these unidentified, I am always happy to stand corrected with any of my research.

with kind regards
Lisa