Author Topic: Looking for family of Robert Forrester or James Reginald Smith -Christmas Island  (Read 260 times)

Offline Kisschick64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am looking for any relatives of Robert (Bob) Forrester Born 1919 or 1920. He died in Kalamunda Western Australia in 2010 aged 91 years. Robert lived on Christmas Island  between 1952-1973. He lived in a house adjoining the old cemetery on Christmas Island. He was a good friend Of Reginald Smith who was the harbour master in 1942. I dont know if Bob had children, but Im hoping to find any relatives who might be able to talk to me and help me with some research. Would also like to speak to Reginald Smiths son if he can be found. Reg's full name is Captain James Reginald Smith, Harbour Master, Christmas Island, 1942.
All help appreciated.

Online Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello Kisschick

It would help if you could state where Robert was born.  You have said he died in Australia but was he born there?

If he was you would probably do better to get your topic moved to the Australia board.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Have you looked for a 2010 obituary which may give info re possible children? Rootschat has a no living persons policy so they could not be named here
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)