Author Topic: Death Notice Sought  (Read 504 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Notice Sought
« on: Wednesday 12 August 20 16:54 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me find a death notice?

Ann Isabella Mawson was death  registered in the Harrow district Volume SF page 290 in the September 1959 under the name of Anne I Mawson.

Someone has been able to find out for me that her burial took place on 13th July 1959.  So death was likely just a few days prior to this.  Home address at the time was Kings Langley.

I would greatly appreciate any help regarding finding a death notice.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice Sought
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 August 20 20:53 BST (UK) »
I've had a search of online newspapers and couldn't find anything, unfortunately.

Also, would I be correct in thinking Ann was the husband of Johnny and mother of Eleanor Matheson and Elizabeth Busfield? If so, I've had a search for them too, and Eleanor and Elizabeth's husbands, but I've drawn a blank for them too.

I take it it's Ann's burial you looking for on your other thread. Are you thinking Eleanor and Elizabeth may also be buried at Langleybury, as they appeared to be living in the same general area? If so, it may pay to add the names to the MI request thread.

(If I'm incorrect about Ann's relations or you just don't want the info posted, just say and I'll remove it).
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice Sought
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 August 20 09:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Cuffie for reading my post and all you have done to try to help me with this.

You are correct regarding the people you mention.  I have been told that one of them is thought to be in the same grave so I will add this person soon as you suggest for a photo request.  I think this is a good idea.  Ann Isabella's parents and three of her siblings are buried in a grave in Tyneside but only two names are on the actual memorial - her Father and sister.  So it might be that a daughter might be the only one named on the St Paul grave, perhaps.  I had better not add the other daughter as I have no knowledge/have no received info about where this person may be buried.  Even though it is likely they will be in this Churchyard too.

It is very thoughtful and kind of you to say you would have a look for me if you could.  I would look for myself if only I didn't live too far away in Tyneside.

Many thanks Cuffie.  I really appreciate your efforts on my behalf.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner