Author Topic: Sarah Elizabeth Stevenson in Belfast  (Read 2925 times)

Offline cherylg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sarah Elizabeth Stevenson in Belfast
« on: Thursday 25 August 05 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm trying to find details of my Great Uncles Wife, she was born Sarah Elizabeth Stevenson and was 24 when she married my Great Uncle Frank Spencer in May 1915.

Her fathers name was Zachariah Stevenson and her Mothers Elizabeth.

From 1915 to 1917 she was definately living at 71 St Kilda Street Belfast, possibly with both parents although her surname then was Spencer.
She was born in Belfast but do not know which area.
she was Church of England.

If anybody can turn up any info I would be really gratefull

Here's hoping

Cheryl

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Elizabeth Stevenson in Belfast
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 05 21:44 BST (UK) »
H

Offline cherylg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 August 05 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Antony

If could be her father Im sure there can't be many Christian names beginning with Z only Zachariah.

If doesn't say whether he father was deceased at the time of her marriage to my Great Uncle.

Is there anywhere in the Belfast that I could find her Birth details.
When her husband died in Oct 1915 she was at St Kilda Street and still there 2 years later.
You say that the Z Stevenson that you found in 1900 was at Tower St is it anywhere near St Kilda Street?
All my inlaws come from Limerick in Southern Ireland so I don't know Belfast at all
Really appreciate any info you could turn up

Regards
cheryl

Offline Anthony

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 August 05 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi .

Offline saz1401

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 August 05 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheryl
I have just got back from holiday and seen your post. I think A few bells are ringing - give me a few days and I will go thro my stevenson stuff to see if I can dig anything up for you - I am a stevenson but have some that dont belong to me ! ;D
saz
antrim, donegore, ballycraigy, doagh, ballysavage,  carnmoney, ballyhenry, belfast, mallusk, hydepark names - twigg, gault, robinson, stevenson, todd, kirkpatrick, porter, mayne, topping, McDowell, douglas

Offline saz1401

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 August 05 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheryl
I have had a quick look thro my hundreds of gravestone photos with no luck but I feel positive I seen a Zacharia Stevenson gravestone in my travels - not an easy name to forget. I have spoken to my sister and she feels sure we seen it too!!!

We will both check our photos carefully asap for you.

We went to Rashee, Ballyclaire, Ballycarry, Doagh and Carnmoney(x3) cemeteries, so it was one of those!!!!

I will keep looking!
Saz ;D
antrim, donegore, ballycraigy, doagh, ballysavage,  carnmoney, ballyhenry, belfast, mallusk, hydepark names - twigg, gault, robinson, stevenson, todd, kirkpatrick, porter, mayne, topping, McDowell, douglas

Offline cherylg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 August 05 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Saz

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your right, I have got no leads at all so I'm really hoping your Memory is correct.

Sarah lived at St Kilda Street after my Great Uncle got killed in WW1in 1915, and when her husbands brother got killed 2 years later he left all his worldly goods to her and she signed for them at the same address.
Somebody did look at the Council records in Belfast for me of St Kilda Street and she was still there listed as an Elizabeth Stevenson still living at the same address in 1930 this could be her mother, she was only in her twenties when her husband died so she could quite easily have remarried after his death. Anything you could turn up wthat might give me lead would be gratefully received.
If she had a family with my Gt Uncle which is what the family think I could have relations there somewhere
I wait to here
Thanks again
Cheryl

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 17:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Cherylg

Sorry to take so long going through my Stevenson notes.Have not found Zac..but Iam sure that saz's and I saw it on our travels.......a name like that sticks in your head..Iam kicking myself now that we didn't record it.

Do you know what Sarah Elizabeth did for a living could she have been a nurse...for I have A sarah wittness to my great uncles birth in 1907 21 Tennent street Belfast
I am not sure if this is a hospital or a private address perhaps someone else on here could tell us.

Any good

steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Anthony

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi .