Author Topic: SYDNEY WILLIAM McCAULEY  (Read 569 times)

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SYDNEY WILLIAM McCAULEY
« on: Saturday 22 August 20 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Hoping you can assist me with my current problem.
I live in Brisbane but from Canberra originally. I am putting together a Family History Book for the Gibbs from the Burra area near Queanbeyan. My mother was a Gibbs and her father was John Michael Gibbs (1873-1948).
My query relates to a Sydney William McCauley who was born in Qbn. in 1915 and died on 27 May 2006 in GULGONG, NSW. His father was Sydney Richard McCauley, mother Janet Marion Gibbs.
I have tried every available online index in NSW and ACT, and been unable to find when he married a Marjorie Jane Unknown and where married. I am looking for those facts together whether Marjorie died or remarried. I also checked Qld & Vic in case it was an interstate marriage.

In the Australian Electoral Rolls in 1937 & 1943, they lived in Thuralilly Street, Qbn. He was a Slaughterman. From 1949 to 1958, he was a labourer and they lived in 21 North Street, Orange, however in 1963, he was living at the same address alone.
His headstone in Gulgong indicated he had a family and could have been in the area for some time . Could not access  any later Electoral Rolls with him in them.
That is all I could find. Hoping you can assist. 
Regards,                                                                                                                                                                               
Wildcats13                                                                                                                                                                 

Online cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: SYDNEY WILLIAM McCAULEY
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 August 20 13:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Looking at 2 trees in Ancestry Marjorie's maiden name was Smith.
Maggsie

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 August 20 08:06 BST (UK) »
I wonder whether wildcats 13 is seeing the helpful information offered here by the team?

It might be good to know if the details provided here have been of interest.

I think I gathered some notes about the family, but hard to know whether it's worth keeping them.  ???

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 August 20 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Yes I have seen the reply's and very thankful for the good responses, I had sent a reply back the other day, but realised it was a Private Message, after receiving details about "Ask a Librarian" which I will follow through. The information provided by everyone was very helpful, and I now only need to see if I can find their marriage details and whether they divorced, as I found Sydney either married again or had a relationship with a myrtle Iris Mortlock.
Thanks again for everyone's effort.
Wildcats13

Offline Danny Angel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi wildcats13,

I have information regarding SYDNEY WILLIAM McCAULEY that no one Else will have, he is my grandfather and i have a cracker of a story if your the right person to tell that is.

Offline Danny Angel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 February 21 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi wildcats13 its Danny, im new on Rootschat so i need to post 3 times before i can PM you again apparently.
All good i got your mesage. I have the McCAULEY family tree book and a bit i wrote on my mum, she was his first child that none of the McCAULEY apart from one knows the story, thats were i got the coppy of the family tree book. PM me your email, ill need to digitise the book if you want to see it.

Regards Danny

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 25 February 21 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Danny,

I am very sorry that wildcats13 has not replied to your first post, they have been notified by email of your replies and were online yesterday.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk