Author Topic: Looking for parents of Catherine Farrelly  (Read 760 times)

Offline happyfeet48

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for parents of Catherine Farrelly
« on: Saturday 05 September 20 05:08 BST (UK) »
Hi, can anyone help....i am looking for the parents of my GGGrandmother Catherine Farrelly, Fairlie/ Farley, not sure which spelling is the right one as it is Fairlie on her immigration record with her Mothers name Margarate and she was born in 1822 Cunscough County Cavan Ireland, she emigrated to Australia in 1841, she signed her Marriage as Catherine Farrelly.

Thank you

Offline Farrelly7

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of Catherine Farrelly
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 03:08 GMT (UK) »
My name is Thomas Paul Farrelly and my GG Grandfather was Bryan Farrelly 1808 to 1896. He was born in Cavan Ireland and was convicted of Arson in 1843 and shipped to Tasmania. I think Catherine may have been one of his sisters or half-sisters. If I am correct then Catherine's father was Michael Farrelly or Farrell, born 1783 died 1855. Michael emigrated to America and was buried in Van-Buren, Maine, USA. I think Michael had three wives, but I am not sure how because he was Catholic. Unfortunately, none of his wives were called Margaret but my Catherine did have a sister or half-sister called Margaret.
I copied the following from the MyHeritage web site:
Michael Farrelly
Direct ancestor (5 generations)
Birth: 1783 - Carlow, Ireland
Death: Nov 14 1855 - Van-Buren (St-Bruno) (Aroostook) Maine
Parents: Edward Farrelly and <Private> Farrell (born Cavanaugh)
Partners: Julia Farrell (born Martin), Marie Julie-Anne Farrell (born Dubé) and Cathrine Ann Farrelly (born Mason)
Children: John, Charles, Michael, Corneilus, Anne, Patrick, Bryan, Catherine, Thomas, James, Mary, Margaret, Bernard Joseph, Andrew, Edward, Marguerite and Élisabeth Anne.

I understand that there are a lot of Irish Farrelly / Farrell / Farley Families that are not related but there does appear to be a number of names and dates which makes me feel your Catherine Farrelly and my Catherine Farrelly could be the same person.

There are a number of Farrelly Family Trees on both the MyHeritage and FamilySearch Web sites. I only registered on the Roots website tonight and therefore have not got used to it yet.
Thanks, Paul