Author Topic: Where Was He From ?  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where Was He From ?
« on: Monday 14 September 20 00:55 BST (UK) »
HI
I have seen church records of a Hubert Buch/Bug who married a Gertrude Reichardt on the 7th August 1690 at Hallgarten Hessen Nassau his father is given as Nicholius mother ?? Christina not sure Gertrude's parents, father William/Wilhelmus and mother Anna, unfortunately part of the film was blackened out and I could not make out where Hubert came from, it was not from Hallgarten but the name started with Ober which is very common and even then I am not sure. I had even written away to Bischofliches Ordinariat Limburg but all i got back was the information that I had already given them.
Still after 20years I can not find out where Hurbert Buch/Bug came from or if his wife was indeed Christina.
Appreciate any help or advise to solve this problem for me 

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Where Was He From ?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 September 20 06:39 BST (UK) »
I have seen church records of a Hubert Buch/Bug

Can you post a clip of the church record? or a link to the source

Dave

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 September 20 08:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave
My son will visit me on Wednesday night [Australian Time] and he should know what to do,I'm 84 and pretty hopeless when it comes to somethings.
Appreciate if you can make out anything from the copy of church records which was through the Latter Day Saints German Films for Hallgarten

Colin

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 September 20 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin,

As Dave says, a clip of the record would be good, if your son can do that for you.

There are several trees online which mention your Hubert. I haven't linked anything, as I don't know if they are perhaps your own files.

One thing which did occur to me: Have you tried contacting the RC church in Hallgarten? It's a tiddly little town and maybe someone from the church community can help? You never know.

https://www.schroetermadonna.de/impressum.php

If your German is not up to it, let me know. I can always put a message together for you.  :)

Best regards,
Karen
(in Wolfenbüttel, Lower Saxony)

McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Karen
Thank you for helping out yes there are a couple of sites that have accepted my Family Tree but have changed a few things but that is what it should be all about to find out where we all started from.
They both have Hubert Buch/Bug's parents as Nicholas and Christina who I am not sure if that was her name.
I do have relations in Hallgarten one being a Weingut Kurt Bug who had placed on the internet about the beginning of his distant Grandparent Hubert Bug from the 17th Century and i found him and his business on Face Book tried to connect to him but was not successful, unless the church books of the marriage of Hubert and Gertrude could been seen i doubt if Kurt Bug would also not know where they came from.
The copy of my church records is really bad may be the original is the same?

If you could possibly contact the church on my behalf and find out if their home town was listed on church records that would be great.
I did go to the internet to find the place where i could contact the church but at my age I got confused which is not surprising.
By the way I do not speak or understand German but have picked up a few words here and there using dictionaries and such.

Thank you for your help and advise.

Colin

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin
here´s a link to Rheingau genealogy
http://www.rheingau-genealogie.de/quellen.htm

on this page (tax list from 1701) Hubert Bug is listed (nr 36)
http://www.rheingau-genealogie.de/hall1701.htm

2 adults, 1 Farm hand, 1 maid, 1 ox, 3 cows and 6 pigs, tax classification 2/16

The only places i can find that start with "Ober" are
Ober Walluf and Ober Gladbach
https://www.meyersgaz.org/place/10710034

Dave

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 14:16 BST (UK) »
Crumbs. It's happened again... There's me thinking there can't be too many Hallgartens, and what do I find? Two within a few miles of each other!  ::)

The one I was looking at yesterday is the one just north of the Rhein (near Hattersheim). I have just discovered a second one, about 10km south-west of Bad Kreuznach (and about 4km north of Obermoschel).

Both are in Hessen.

Hmmm...

McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen
The Hallgarten that my Hubert Bug/Buch came from was the one near Winkle ,Oestrich and Hattensheim.
Now there is a thought the town of Obermoschel being near a place named also Hallgarten could this be the place from where Hubert came from as i think I am looking for a town starting with Ober?

Colin