Author Topic: Ethel Quin  (Read 9976 times)

Offline derekjwatson25

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ethel Quin
« Reply #90 on: Monday 28 September 20 13:03 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace family of Ethel Quin who was born in Salford on 19th January 1928. Think her father was George Wills and mother was Winifred Quin (1899 to 1930). They married in 1922 and had 3 children, Winifred bron 1924, Ethel born 1928 and Agnes born 1929. As her mother died in 1930 we think she was brought up by a member of the Quin family in the Salford area.
On 3rd may 1945 she joined the Land Army and gave her name as Ethel Quin and not Wills, and was relocated to Buckinghamshire.
On 3rd May 1947 she married Victor Charles Lewis Glenister in Wycombe Bucks and had a daughter born on 10th October 1947. They divorced in 1948 and she left the daughter with her husband and his family.
On 18th october 1952 she married Geoffrey Graham Baird in Reading berks and in 1959 she married Charlie Richardson in Windsor.
Any help in tracing family memebrs would be appreciated

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ethel Quin
« Reply #91 on: Monday 28 September 20 13:22 BST (UK) »
Continuation of - Threads merged.

Since these family members are likely to be still-living, you have a problem.

You should try looking for candidate for the family who might have rehomed her in the 1939 register?
It's not something that we could do on the forums.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline derekjwatson25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Monday 28 September 20 14:07 BST (UK) »
I have emailedthe daughter asking her to obtain copies of the marriage to Charlie Richardson and the divorce papers fror the marriage to Geoffrey Baird. I have reposted the info on the Lancashire forum in the hope that some of the Wills family can be traced. I have also contacted the Leonard family member on Ancesrty to see if he is of the same family line.

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Monday 28 September 20 14:18 BST (UK) »
Just to add I have researched the Wills and Quin families extensively on behalf of this search (creating a working document family tree on Ancestry in the process), and have not as yet found Ethel Wills (or Quin) on the 1939 register - crucial, as Pauline indeed suggests - so before anyone starts lots of additional research, please feel free to ask me (by DM?) what has already been found.

Added:  I've just looked at my Ancestry research tree on this particular topic which contains 84 people and more than 230 records.  I'm definitely not infallible, but we don't want people going over all this ground again.

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Monday 28 September 20 16:33 BST (UK) »
This post(now merged) is somewhat premature given your reply today on the previous thread which runs to 11 pages

It would be best to wait until both 1959 marriage certs are obtained.  It is misleading to say she married Charlie Richardson in 1959 as it has not been proved whether it is the right marriage.  I only gave it as a possibility. 

Until Geoffrey's 1959 marriage cert is received you have no proof of whether he was a widower or divorcee at that time.

Until the Ethel Wills birth cert is received to compare actual birthdates you have no proof that Ethel Quin was actually Ethel Wills

Until those certificates detailed in your previous thread have been obtained it is unwise to make assumptions which may involve unconnected families
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Monday 28 September 20 16:47 BST (UK) »
I should have added, also, that in addition to the other information you're requesting, Derek, it would be helpful to get the Ethel Wills birth certificate - I provided the ref on the other thread - to see if we can get any confirmation of the birth date quoted on the Land Army enlistment details.

Otherwise the link between Wills and Quin remains very tenuous.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Monday 28 September 20 17:25 BST (UK) »
My reply #15 refers.  Just to "tie things up"  There is a Crookell/Kelsall marriage - no idea why I didn't see it  ::)

Ethel Kelsall married George Harold Crookell Dec qtr 1900 Salford 8d 125

George died Dec qtr 1933 aged 54

Ethel Crookell then married Charles Quin in 1937

Conclusion is the same - not connected to your Ethel who was b 1928.  No Ethel Crookell or Kelsall  birth in 1928

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Monday 28 September 20 17:57 BST (UK) »
Just to say , I've created a (currently) 82 person >230 record (private) Ancestry research tree on this subject. 

I'm happy to share this with anyone to avoid time-consuming duplication of searching.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London

Offline derekjwatson25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Monday 28 September 20 18:23 BST (UK) »
That’s why I’m sharing on the Lancashire forum in case someone has any knowledge of the Wills side. Like you guys I’ve searched every genealogy site to no avail. I’ve emailed the daughter to see if she wishes to obtain the relevant BMD certificates and no reply so far.