Author Topic: Looking for Ann and Margaret CONNELL, circa 1810 and 1815  (Read 307 times)

Offline rofe2028

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for Ann and Margaret CONNELL, circa 1810 and 1815
« on: Monday 05 October 20 08:47 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I have Ann and Margaret CONNELL, who were daughters of Charles CONNELL and Mary CONNELL (nee CLEARY), born circa 1810 and 1815 in Cork and Sheerness respectively.  I am hoping that some of the sleuths on this site can help me find their births and/or baptisms.

Ann and her younger sister Margaret were transported to Van Diemen's Land in 1833.  According to their convict indent records, Ann was born in Cork and Margaret was born in Sheerness, Kent (this is corroborated by her death certificate).  Margaret's death certificate gives Charles CONNELL's occupation as "Navy Officer".  I am unsure where or when Charles married Mary CLEARY, but I believe they had other children as well (there is a Charles CONNELL listed on Margaret's death certificate, who I believe may be her brother).

Ann was a married woman by the time she was transported (married name MILLER), but I haven't been able to track down her marriage.  Any assistance with that would also be greatly appreciated.

Justin
Visit "Rofe 2028": a site celebrating 200 years of the Rofe family in Australia.