Author Topic: Diary > Monday 12th October  (Read 774 times)

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 12th October
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 15:13 BST (UK) »
Roobarb, thanks for the tip concerning squirrels. I have delayed buying bulbs because we have two or maybe three little blighters taking turns entertaining us. No need to worry about the earth becoming deforested, there will be an oak forest where I live in 50 to 100 years time and, has anyone noticed how large acorns and chestnuts are this year?

We visited Lucca 20 years ago whilst staying in Tuscany. It was an amazing place with all those black and white churches and surrounded by the city walls around which I am sure you walked. We ate at a restaurant in the main square and someone overhead poured the contents of a bottle or glass over us! We thought it was water or white wine. Hopefully? Maybe they took objection to us for some reason.
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 15:22 BST (UK) »
Will it ever stop?
Next door to us, semi's,  we have a loud family, parents  plus  a son daughter and granddaughter, parents both getting on now and last year they got a puppy, now every time the cars are gone and they are all out  the blooming thing starts, now it also howls like it did on  Friday when she was out all morning,
I have just said to my husband I won't complain because like when we had a new fence done, for our convenience as well as theirs there was a stream of swear words,  so now we have to suffer a poor dog who is left to bark and howl, we are the only ones inconvenienced because we join onto them, oh for a bit of peace and quiet
I really don't know how you quieten a dog when left on it's own, thank God they don't all work full time
We are not going out as often as we might have done so it is more noticeable I suppose

A frustrated

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 16:24 BST (UK) »
Ankerdine, we did walk around the city walls, also ate in the main square but no such wet experience! Very strange.

LM, you have my utmost sympathy, I know what terrible trouble you've had with your neighbours. There's just one thing - people whose dogs bark when they're out don't usually know because the dog stops the minute they come home. A friend of mine was once accosted by her very irate neighbour who had been driven mad by her dog barking all the time she was out, she hadn't been aware of it. It's a rescue dog that thought she had been abandoned. There are techniques the owners can use to train them but I'm not sure how you could discuss it with them without them being nasty again. Perhaps you could just ask them in a non confrontational manner if they were aware that the dog barks all the time they're out. Hope you get it resolved.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 17:17 BST (UK) »
Strange thing is I had got used to my neighbours being a bit loud in the summer, we shut the doors in the evenings, they seem to hibernate from autumn to spring, sun worshippers I think so it is nice to have some respite from their noise during their shutdown, now the poor dog has taken over, could be worse, could be music 24/7, must relish the peace and quiet whilst we can

Been an awful day here, rain all day, hope for better weather tomorrow for everyone

Take care, keep up the good work with the diaries

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 17:35 BST (UK) »

Did some ironing while watching A Place in the Sun. Salmon for tea. Rhubarb and yogurt for dessert.

Looking at photos of my old Isle of Man motorcycling holiday trips 38 years ago, I'd prefer a place there  :)  :) right now!

(I could do firm Rules, if it means no Covid!)

Just been to the Inn earlier for Cottage Pie, with Veg and Garlic Bread (only light Garlic) and a pint of Abbott. [Sorry it is on Monday's Diary, but I'd probably have forgotten by tomorrow]

Take care all, Mark