Author Topic: Deaths of Herbert and Zita Chippendale (Chippendall) Aug 1995  (Read 810 times)

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deaths of Herbert and Zita Chippendale (Chippendall) Aug 1995
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 December 20 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Great to hear from you, Jenny. I’ll send you a private message with my email address and that of a cousin in Canberra who is a Chippindall/Chippendale expert. We are both descended from John Giles Chippindall and Margaret Dowse. I think your great uncle was my 2nd cousin, twice removed (I’ll check). Geoff

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 December 20 00:35 GMT (UK) »
Jenny, In case you can't get messages yet (technically you need to have replied to three items, I think) this is our paths from John Giles C (1809-1882). For Herbert it is Edwin Charles C (1842-1910), Herbert Augustus C (1865-1938) and Herbert Augustus C (1907-1995). For me it is John Giles C (1809-1882), Henrietta C (1834-1884), William George Tress (1871-1923), Catherine Scott Tress (1902-1942), Mabel Alice Jones (1926-2016) and me (b 1954). Since Herbert is your great uncle I think you must be descended from one of his siblings: Cecily, Dorothy, Kathleen or William (Eric). Unless Zita (nee Turner) was the one you were related to, in which case we are back to square one. My name is Turner and her maiden name was Turner but we are not related, I'm pretty sure. Geoff

Offline JenPraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 December 20 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Geoff
Yes I am descended from Zita Chippendale. So I’m not much more help unfortunately.
I know of Chip’s sister Cecily and her husband Tim Kearney. They have a daughter Margaret who married a man called Urhart. But I don’t know their surname. They had 2 or 3 kids apparently. That’s currently where my knowledge ends. If I find out anything further I’ll let you know. Thanks Jenny.