Author Topic: Help finding Harriet Daggett's grave  (Read 779 times)

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help finding Harriet Daggett's grave
« on: Wednesday 14 October 20 14:29 BST (UK) »
On 3x great Aunt's death certificate she died on 24th March 1923.
Her address is 17 Prospect Street, Wakefield Road, Bradford. But the address where she died is, 14 Water End Woodston Urban Peterborough.
She is the wife of Andrew Daggett,
The informant is G Daggett daughter also living at Prospect Street.

I am trying to find out if she is buried in Peterborough or if she was returned to Bradford.
I would also like to find who was living at Water End. My great grandad Harry Lakey (Harriet's nephew) had previously lived at Water End in 1901 but not at number 14. He had also moved to Whittlesey by 1911 census, where he stayed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding Harriet Daggett's grave
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 14:56 BST (UK) »

Have you a death for him?  His burial may be easier to trace and to determine if they were buried together. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 15:03 BST (UK) »

Have you a death for him?  His burial may be easier to trace and to determine if they were buried together.

Andrew died October 1928 Bradford Yorkshire West riding 9b 211.
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 15:05 BST (UK) »
A family tree has sister Ellen Lakey death in Peterborough in 1922, maybe she lived at the Water End address?

Appreciate she died before Harriet but maybe electoral registers would confirm addresses for Lakey in that year.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 15:24 BST (UK) »
A family tree has sister Ellen Lakey death in Peterborough in 1922, maybe she lived at the Water End address?

Appreciate she died before Harriet but maybe electoral registers would confirm addresses for Lakey in that year.

Ellen was married to her 2nd husband Robert Malkin when she died.

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 October 20 12:58 BST (UK) »
Some of my relatives used to live in Water End. You can find it on this map - https://maps.nls.uk/view/100890275

It is just above "Stanground" and now called North Street. Some of the houses have been replaced but I think 14 may still be there, but altered, and has no front door on the street. It is a white building, to the right of no 16, which is a recent bungalow.

You can see it on this map - https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/520256/297487/13/101329
Zoom out until it becomes visible.

David

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 October 20 16:02 BST (UK) »
Some of my relatives used to live in Water End. You can find it on this map - https://maps.nls.uk/view/100890275

It is just above "Stanground" and now called North Street. Some of the houses have been replaced but I think 14 may still be there, but altered, and has no front door on the street. It is a white building, to the right of no 16, which is a recent bungalow.

You can see it on this map - https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/520256/297487/13/101329
Zoom out until it becomes visible.

David

Thank you for the maps, I thought it was closer to Palmerston Road/ Oundle Road area because on census records they follow on from each other.  My great grandad lived there in 1901 census, he was a waterman on barges so it makes sense to live there. He lived in Surprise Cottages (well atleast that is what I think it says!).

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 16 October 20 10:18 BST (UK) »
Although there are burials at the churches in Woodston and Stanground, I think those of that period were all at Woodston Cemetery.
Quite a lot of image here, including some of mine. They were married to watermen or worked on the railway:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01py5/

David

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 16 October 20 12:59 BST (UK) »
Although there are burials at the churches in Woodston and Stanground, I think those of that period were all at Woodston Cemetery.
Quite a lot of image here, including some of mine. They were married to watermen or worked on the railway:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01py5/

David

Thank you. Unfortunately none of the names are familiar to me. Many of my ancestors who stayed in Peterborough were buried in the cemetery that is now the roundabout at the end of Cowgate, I also have a few in Broadway cemetery.

Andrea.