Author Topic: Hanging from a branch!!!!  (Read 838 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hanging from a branch!!!!
« on: Monday 16 November 20 14:48 GMT (UK) »
I am really struggling to find the marriage of Michael McMillan & Mary Ellen, they married I believe in Nottinghamshire 1940-1960. The only one I can find is Dec q 1954 in Birmingham to Michael McMillan & Ellen Cox.
Both have passed away so I am unable to ask, just struggling to start another side of the family tree.
Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hanging from a branch!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 November 20 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked births to this particular couple Trish? Those births with surname McMillan and maiden name of mother Cox?

I can see 3 born after the 1954 marriage - all born Birmingham (and I didn't use a location)-- but if you know the names of the couple's children - you will know if this is the correct marriage, or whether it can be discounted.

I can't put the names here as these 'children' may still be alive.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 November 20 16:56 GMT (UK) »
When & where did they die?  You could look up their deaths to get their ages.  Could it have been a second marriage for her?

Where did you get Mary Ellen from?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 November 20 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Just knew her as Mary Ellen. Lived in Nottingham & her husband was Michael. I knew Ann as Ann McMillan born I thought Nottingham but could be Scotland as the Michael & Mary both came from Scotland.
Just so vague, I am sorry, I believe that Ann was born in 1953.

Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 November 20 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Just found death Nottingham 1983 age 64, which I believe is right born 1918.

Thanks Trish

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 November 20 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Trish -- if you obtain Mary Ellen's death certificate - by that time, I am pretty certain a woman's maiden name will be shown on that certificate, which will help.

(By the way - if the person, whom you have mentioned born in 1953, is the couple's daughter and still alive -- you will need to remove her name - perhaps refer to her as a daughter). I did look though and could not see anyone with that name born in Nottinghamshire at the time you mentioned - although I may have missed it of course!
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 November 20 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Just found death Nottingham 1983 age 64, which I believe is right born 1918.

Thanks Trish

If the above death is for Michael, there is another Michael McMillan death in Nottingham - born 8/2/1923, died Dec.1982.

However, the marriage 1954 Birmingham to an Ellen Cox was for a Michael J. McMillan and suspect he could be the Michael Joseph McMillan born 5/2/1927, died April 1999 Birmingham.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 16 November 20 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have been very careful with mentioning only deceased persons but thanks for the reminder.
Seems I am still struggling to find anything.
Regards Trish

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 16 November 20 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Sending you a PM.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.