Author Topic: Marriage for Robert Mattock/Mattick and Ruth Sutton, 1684  (Read 592 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage for Robert Mattock/Mattick and Ruth Sutton, 1684
« on: Thursday 19 November 20 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I have only been able to find the marriage bond, and the fact that the wedding did go ahead in 1684, seemingly in Netheravon. If anyone could find the exact date for me, it'd be greatly appreciated! I can't find a baptism for Robert either, which would probably be around 1660. They later lived in Great Cheverell.

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage for Robert Mattock/Mattick and Ruth Sutton, 1684
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 December 20 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Date of marriage 4th October 1684. The only baptism I could find not too far away was Robert Mattock baptised 8/6/1663 Honiton, Devon. Parents Thomas and Elizabeth. There is a tree that has Ruth's parents as William Sutton 1620-1667, and Dorothy Oram 1625-1672-need checking out of course.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 December 20 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello paco, is that the date of the marriage bond, or the marriage? I’ve not had any luck finding the marriage itself.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 December 20 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Looks like it is the bond.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks