Author Topic: Diary - Friday 20th November  (Read 468 times)

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Diary - Friday 20th November
« on: Friday 20 November 20 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Thought I’d scoot in here first.... maybe not by the time I’ve finished ....

It was a pretty dull day when I got up... no sooner had I got down stairs when my phone pinged with my son wanting to know if we’d intended to stay in bed all day.... cheeky devil, it was only 9am!... I told OH to hurry up... it was bread making today too so everything seemed in a rush...
FaceTimed Son whilst trying to swallow my breakfast and O.H got on with the bread...
We had a lovely long chat with him ... he took us into his two workshops to show us all the latest stuff he’s making... coffee tables, shelving, book ends, lovely plant pot holder ( for them) they just bought some big cacti and the base was wood with three different size white pots on it sitting in routed out sections... he’d fitted some nice legs onto it so it stands about a foot off the ground... he’s a clever boy...
By the time we’d finished talking to him my battery on my iPad was virtually flat and it was gone 11.30!
DiL was out at a women’s business awards dinner... so nice to chat and be company for him... not that he’s worried spent more time together over this last year than they have in the last 10 yrs! As she’s always travelling...
Having done nothing all morning... had a tidy up and clan the bathrooms..
Sorted out the parcels that keep arriving... Christmas presents ! Keeping all the boxes in case we have to post them...
Lunch was a civilised 1.30 lovely bread...
Went up to do more card making... getting on well with it all and quite into it now... watched the  second plague programme...
OH had an early evening zoom meeting re the pub....
Dinner was just spaghetti sauce, I had pasta with it OH had remainder of last nights potato dish and some mash... don’t know how he can eat that all together...
Watched some tv...
Tired today after a late night last night busy messaging Sammy until almost 1am sorting out materials for Christmas stockings... must be bonkers...
Hoping everyone is well...
Thinking about Annette’s niece and the babies...
Wondering about Chris and her son in NZ too

Take care all
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Friday 20th November
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 November 20 00:00 GMT (UK) »
No crossovers tonight Caroline.  :)  Your son's work sounds lovely, it must be so satisfying for him to be able to make those beautiful pieces and to be happy in his work. Nice to get ahead with the card making.

My day:

The house felt chilly when I got up today, the heating hadn't been on long. Dragged myself out of bed for a cup of tea, when I got dressed I put a couple of layers on but didn't warm up properly all morning.

Art class Zoom, it was a demonstration this week. My friend L didn't join in till later, she was trying to complete the test and trace information for her brother but the system kept saying that the reference number he'd been given was one character short of what was required.

By the time the class finished I was so hungry I could have chewed my own arm off. Made a quick sandwich then L phoned me and told me the details of what had gone on this morning. So frustrating, they're hoping that it can be sorted out by phone. I was very relieved to hear that her brother's still well.

Went for a walk, it was really cold out, I'd forgotten to take a scarf to put round my face, luckily it wasn't too windy. It was a really grey day, the exercise finally warmed me up. When I watched the local weather forecast later the presenter said it would be fresher tomorrow. Don't know if he'd managed to stick his nose outside today, it was extremely fresh!
 I didn't really do a lot with the rest of the afternoon, spent some time reading, I'm well through the Steve Robinson book, The Secret Wife, it's very good. I'm impressed with the way he's written it from a female perspective. Did some ironing later. Saw my neighbour driving his daughter, they came back shortly after with some shopping. I'd seen her taking the dog out earlier too, bless her, she really seems to have stepped up.

Coated a chicken breast with hot paprika, did a jacket potato, roasted tomatoes and peppers, peas. A glass of wine later. Felt a bit washed out all day, I started it off feeling tired, that's not good.

Hope tomorrow is a good news day for those with troubles.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Friday 20th November
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 November 20 02:10 GMT (UK) »
Quite chilly today but light cloud unlike the dark and dreary overcast days at the beginning of the week.   Emptied rubbish bin and and took that and the recycling bag to our bins at the rear of the car park.   My downstairs neighbour came out and we chatted for a while - since my grocery delivery was due any time decided to stay downstairs and just a few minutes later the van drove in.

Came in and put it all away and made some lunch.   Late afternoon message from niece.  She'd had another scan - Dopplers have improved but doctor thinks that's down to the steroids she's taking for the babies lungs so probably won't last.   She was allowed to go home tonight but has to go back for a trace Saturday and Sunday and another scan on Monday.   So it's one day at a time at the moment but Jo herself thinks they'll probably be born during the week. 

My heads all over the place as you can imagine - can't apply myself to anything for very long as mind keeps wandering.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Stay safe everyone.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk