Author Topic: St Francis Children's Society holds some records from Assisi Mother and Baby Hom  (Read 363 times)

Offline Martina Mullarkey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello, Thanks to a post here, which unfortunately I cant find again (I think it was Dee Brown) I managed to over come the brick walls I had been hitting trying to find my 'lost brother' born out of wedlock to our parents in 1947 in the Assisi Mother and Baby's home.  The search through Diagrama and then Adoptionsearchreunion respectivley came back with no record and 'it was believed that records prior to 1952 had been destroyed'.  So this is a reminder that St Francis Children's Society also hold some records from the Assisi Mother and Baby's Home in Churt/Greyshott.  They have my brother's records and are going to help as intermedaries.  This is so huge and emotional.  I don't know where it will take me, but if nothing else I want him to know that our parents regretted leaving him at the home for the rest of their lives. So don't give up when you hit brick walls, there just may be a little thread some where to help you.