Author Topic: Green family, Shropshire  (Read 477 times)

Offline Marigold77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Green family, Shropshire
« on: Monday 04 January 21 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Would appreciate any help or info re the family of Edward Green. oswestry/ Weston Rhyn area from c1778 - 1797 where I have tracked him down  I have limited info on this man, my 4th gt g/f but have been stuck for a long time as due to his occupation he moved around. any help much appreciated.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Green family, Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 January 21 20:23 GMT (UK) »

Is it the Edward who was baptised 20th April 1778 in Weston Rhyn or  his father, Edward, that you are looking for?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Marigold77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 January 21 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Sadley , neither. My Edward would have been born c1740s? problem is  I have no idea where. I have his will from 1797 when he died and his wife ne calls Eleanor. Prior to going to Shrophire c 1778  he worked in a paper Mill in Northumberland from 1770 to about 1778.  four years later he purchased a paper Mill in Weston Rhyn together with a couple more mills and properties.

All I know about him is that he had two daughters bap in Northumberland in 1772 and 1774. I have never found his marriage as I don't know his wifes maiden name. Nor do I know when exactly or where he was born. Could have been anywhere in the country. THere are a couple of Elinors/ Eleanors who married Edward Green's in Shropshire but none of them are the corect people. Thank you so much for your reply. I was just hoping that maybe he hd relatives in Shropshire which might have been the reason for him going there after Northumberland. This myster has ben ongoing for years. How can someone just disappear into thin air and leave no traces. I must have missed something somewhere.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 January 21 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Is this your Eleanor's burial?

17 Jan 1802 Eleanor Green, Paper Mills, Weston Rhyn

There's also another Eleanor Green who is recorded as of Ifton (the other side of the St Martins parish) on 19 April 1812

(While looking for your family, I think I might have found one of my wayward ancestors  :) )
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 18:58 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure that you have this and from what you say, this is a little late but they are of the Weston Rhyn Tything,

Marriage

St Martins (Weston Rhyn )
Marriage by Banns 25th Nov 1776
Edward Green to Elinor Blundale
One of the witnesses was a John Green

I've not found anything else on Elinor so far.