Author Topic: Tipping  (Read 704 times)

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tipping
« on: Monday 04 January 21 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi all can anyone find me a death or burial for a jackson tipping between 1898 and 1901 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne he is on the 1891 census but not 1901 census however his wife and children are at 4 Fisher street walker any help would be very much appreciated
Walton, Jones, Parker, Tipping,Nicholson, morrow,young,arrowsmith,Elliott, Anderson, ring rose, scrimshaw,hogarth,stewart

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Tipping
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Wife shown as married in 1901 and widowed in 1911.

Jackson was a shipyard labourer and was born Ireland.  Is it possible he died at sea or in Ireland?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 00:48 GMT (UK) »
Anything is possible I suppose there is a death for a jackson tipping in greenock in 1904 but his age is 66 if he was born in 1850 he would have been 54 he is on 1871 census as being single and 21 in walker however he must have gone back to Ireland as he was married in 1876 and had 5 children then must have returned at some point with his family and had another 5 children all born in Newcastle-upon-Tyne long winters no TV springs to mind :D
Walton, Jones, Parker, Tipping,Nicholson, morrow,young,arrowsmith,Elliott, Anderson, ring rose, scrimshaw,hogarth,stewart

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 01:41 GMT (UK) »
That’s him!!

1901 Scottish census

Jackson Tipping aged 46 born Ireland occ shipyard labourer - boarder at 7 Inchgreen St Greenock East

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Greenock Infirmary
Jackson Tipping
Shipyard labourer
aged 66
June 2nd 1904
died 3 am
Married
no parents details noted
chronic bronchitis and heart failure

Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 06:32 GMT (UK) »
Do you have his birth, or are you going from the census age
his marriage in Dungannon ,30th November 1876 only states full age bachelor labourer of Derrycollop father John a farmer
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 06:53 GMT (UK) »
I see in 1871 he is boarding with William and Margaret Tipping,
William states his father is John Tipping farmer also on his marriage in Armagh November 27th  1862,

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 06:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Radcliff that is the family william was jacksons brother sadly there is no birth record for jackson that I could find they were church of ireland so I think all the records were destroyed in a fire at public records office but that find about infirmary is a good one where did you find that I wonder if he was buried up there in bonny Scotland hmm

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 07:11 GMT (UK) »
Scotland’s people pay to view
I had a few spare credits , so looked it up you can order the death certificate if you like , I don’t think that there will. Be anymore information than what I have posted, possibly no one really knew him up there to be able to give his family details in full