Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 16414 times)

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Covid Vaccination
« on: Friday 08 January 21 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 January 21 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Coronavirus: 'Major incident' declared in London

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55588163

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 January 21 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Article on the use of ionisers to fight Covid 19, these things are not that expensive, from £15 upwards but apparently not good for asthmatics, worth checking,

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18351414.coronavirus-ionisers-may-key-fight--defeat-covid-19/

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/03/coronavirus-can-an-air-purifier-protect-you/

Skoosh.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 January 21 15:04 GMT (UK) »
On the news last nght was an item about the innoculations.  apparently people have been standing at the end of queues because news has circulated that there's often some vaccines left.

Also on the news was the American Hospital that had received its first vaccines and the first to be innoculated were the hospital managers !

I've just had a phone call to to ask if I would like to be innoculated (Yes please).
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 January 21 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Mom had the pfizer vaccine today. Her gp surgery contacted her 2 days ago. The living well centre was used, just down the road from gp practice.This is bloxwich walsall and there are supposed to be 4 hubs opening. I think she had the pfizer vaccine because the Manor hospital less than 10 mins away is a storage hub for it
Rena , a birmingham labour councillor was the one who stood in the queue and there was an article i think msn that i read. They said if people just turn up without an appointment then they will sent away but other centres offer to people from odd comments i see, Also it was a birmingham group of hospitals where some executives were given left over vaccines rather than the front line staff and obviously staff were n't happy. I also seen an article about american congress people getting the vaccine in one of the offices. Yes important not to waste but the MP was daft to adverise it and jeremy vines lot obviously had n't researched enough. Think the MP had previously had a renal transplant if my memory serves me correct.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 January 21 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Todays Figures

62,322 new cases

more than 1,000 deaths.

Sandra

Figure was 1041

Todays figures

52618 new cases  (that's down on yesterday - good)

1162 deaths ( not good)  :'(

Sandra

Todays fgigures are up on cases and deaths

68,053  New cases

1325 deaths   :'(

R number 1.0  -  1.4

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 January 21 16:51 GMT (UK) »
There was a scammer turned up on someones doorstep in surbiton and said they were nhs and had come to vaccinate her against covid . It cost £160 but was told it could be claimed back from he nhs. She felt a jab in arm. The person went back in a few days for £100.

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Another New Vaccine Approved
« Reply #7 on: Friday 08 January 21 16:54 GMT (UK) »
There was a scammer turned up on someones doorstep in surbiton and said they were nhs and had come to vaccinate her against covid . It cost £160 but was told it could be claimed back from he nhs. She felt a jab in arm. The person went back in a few days for £100.

I posted that earlier on this thread
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=842467.0
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 09 January 21 00:40 GMT (UK) »
I was insensed tonight when I listened to the manager if a football club saying that all professional footballers should be vaccinated rather than having tests because so any are testing positive and games are having to be cancelled... 😤😤😳😳😱😱... I hope someone’s going to put him right and that they should be at the bottom of the list! Who do they think they are....

What the heck are they playing for anyway ... if they behaved themselves... didn’t flout the rules, jump all over one another and hug every-time they score a goal it wouldn’t happen...

Sorry.. rant over now!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK