Author Topic: John Elder(mealer) at Agnes Hill Resolis(c1828).  (Read 1866 times)

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Elder(mealer) at Agnes Hill Resolis(c1828).
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 09:48 GMT (UK) »

Thank you Ev, so that cant be her husband John who died in October 1841. back to the drawing board for that.         
         Forfarian, we have been here before, I haven't mastered posting extracts, so like before if it's ok with you I'll send it via P M to you , once again I thank you all. nikitah

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Yes of course.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 13 January 21 16:40 GMT (UK) »

Sorry just had another look and magnified it , Skoosh i's a B ;D your right. Thank you all again at least with all your help I'm another generation back, I have noticed  that children born to John Elder and Isobel  McKeddy have one baptised at Cromarty in 1784 named Isobel, then there's a big gap to  John 1792, Donald 1795 and Barbra 1799 these are at Resolis, more digging to do. When Mary Paterson died in 1871 she was the widow of John. Keep safe nikitah.

Offline Agneshill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 January 21 11:16 GMT (UK) »
This post isn't going to help you much with your current query, but as I haven't had many people researching Agneshill, I thought I would put my twopenny-worth into the ring.

My MacKenzies lived there from before the 1841 census and left in 1891. According to the 1841 census, they seemed to have lived a few doors down from your Elders.

I don't know whether you have visited the area but here's a photo which I took about ten years ago on my last visit. There were only the remains of a couple of former dwellings there.
MacKenzie
MacLeod
Mathesons in U.S.
MacLeay

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 January 21 19:23 GMT (UK) »

Thank you that's lovely and much appreciated. I see you also have Matheson's, Charles Elder married Marjory/ May Matheson and their son John became a police constable  in Glasgow he married Jessie Rose at Boleskine Stratherrick Jessie died at Dingwall in 1914 and he later married Katherine MacKenzie , he died in 1930, you never know they could be connected, I think I traced these Mackenzie's to the Applecross area but Katherine was born Ross and Cromarty  keep safe nikitah.

Offline Agneshill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 15 January 21 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.
My MacKenzies were from Cromarty and lived in Resolis until the early 1900s.
My Mathesons originated from Lochcarron/Applecross.
I haven't come across any Elders in either family.
MacKenzie
MacLeod
Mathesons in U.S.
MacLeay