Author Topic: FindMyPast Subscription offers  (Read 3722 times)

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FindMyPast Subscription offers
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 January 21 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Ellenmai,

A few years back FindMyPast replaced their British and World subscriptions with 3 new (12 month) subscriptions, Starter, Plus and Pro. The Plus is loosely equivalent to the old British sub and Pro is loosely equivalent to the old World sub. One change though is that the newspapers are now only included in the Pro subscription.

FindMyPast had allowed existing subscribers to renew their old subs (ie British and World) but recently people are being notified by FindMyPast that they need to move to one of the newer subs when it's time to renew.

Current prices: Starter £80, Plus £120 and Pro £160.
https://www.findmypast.co.uk/subscribe

EDIT: Corrected price of Pro sub (thank you Ellenmai)
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 January 21 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Louisa Maud will keep you posted if I hear anything back  ;)

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 January 21 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that information Cuffie81. When I clicked on the link you gave it took me to a page with Upgrade your subscription £13.33 per month * £159.99 single payment. Do you know if the USA newspapers are included?

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 January 21 15:02 GMT (UK) »
I am another who has been with them from the very beginning but I only have a Britain sub so do not qualify for the extra days in lieu of 'free' days but I do get the 15% discount.  I understand from another post that the Britain sub is finally being withdrawn but I will stay with F M P when mine runs out at the end of the year.  The increase will be a small price to pay per week for the amount I use it  ;D

I have subscriptions to Ancestry, FindMyPast and the Genealogist and by using the 50% offer for Ancestry, I worked out it costs about a £1 a day for all three. That seems great value.

How did you manage that?

I'm with Ancestry World Wide at the moment and cannot really afford to subscribe FindMyPast, which seems to cover most of Shropshire. My local library has FindMyPast covering our county only instead of other counties where my ancestors and I came from.  Have not tried Genealogist and what areas does it mainly cover?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 14 January 21 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Do you know if the USA newspapers are included?

Yes, some are.
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search/us-and-world-newspapers?country=united%20states%20of%20america

Our US & World newspaper collections provide access to nearly 120 million pages from newspapers published in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Panama, and the Virgin Islands. Titles include a variety of local papers, as well as national publications, including the New York Times and the Washington Post.

Global historical newspapers from China, Denmark, France, Germany, Jamaica, and South Africa are also searchable within the collection.

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 14 January 21 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that information Cuffie81. When I clicked on the link you gave it took me to a page with Upgrade your subscription £13.33 per month * £159.99 single payment. Do you know if the USA newspapers are included?

Sorry, I got the price of the Pro sub wrong, it's as you say £160. I'll correct my previous post.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 14 January 21 15:46 GMT (UK) »
FindMyPast, December 2020

The full price of a 12 Month UK Pro Membership is changing to £159.99. As a 12-month subscriber, you enjoy our 15% loyalty discount, so when your 12 Month UK Pro Membership next renews ... it will cost £135.99.

US & World; Irish & British Newspapers too.

All the best, Mark

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 14 January 21 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Link to PrawnCocktail's thread re. the withdrawal of the old subs.

Find my Past subs (The Common Room)
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=842284.0

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 14 January 21 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Link to PrawnCocktail's thread re. the withdrawal of the old subs.

Find my Past subs (The Common Room)
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=842284.0

Thanks, a bit unfair.

It seems PrawnCocktail has a lower cost (Britain) subscription now being stopped and to encorage take up of a dearer Pro package subscription, PC's first year will be discounted more?

Mark