Author Topic: Can anything be done to enhance this picture of George Ernest Rowles  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can anything be done to enhance this picture of George Ernest Rowles
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 04 February 21 08:56 GMT (UK) »
Yours superimposed at 55% on Andy's.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline chlo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 04 February 21 09:22 GMT (UK) »
Mine 50 50 transparency over McGroger's, I don't see your point.
mine & andy's are the only 2 coloured may be thats what your seeing either way you can clearly see the detail in mine's done by hand I don't know any software AI that can put that level in.

Feel free to use any of my edits to enhance further

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 04 February 21 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Did Someone mention my name? ;)
Welcome from me, too, Chloe. (Or is it welcome back, Zoe? Apologies if you're not Zoe, Chloe. ;D)
Chloe, for the technically challenged - including me - if the OP likes your restore, how does he download it? (Otherwise we're missing the whole point of this board: to repair people's family history photos for them.)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline chlo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 04 February 21 10:02 GMT (UK) »
I'll mail it to them  ;)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 04 February 21 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Mine 50 50 transparency over McGroger's, I don't see your point.
mine & andy's are the only 2 coloured may be thats what your seeing either way you can clearly see the detail in mine's done by hand I don't know any software AI that can put that level in.

But I was using Andy's where he said he'd used AI  and they are clearly similar I didn't mention Peter at all  ???

You do seem very like Zoe  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 04 February 21 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Welcome back Zoe, it's one thing to use photo enhancing software to create a likeness, it's quite another to claim that the work is a hand worked photo restoration  :-\ As a long standing restorer on here, I will give due credit to a great piece of honest restoration work.
In my opinion, to achieve that kind of result from such a tiny file is impossible without the aid of advanced technological photo enhancing.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline chlo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 04 February 21 11:04 GMT (UK) »
I don't know who you are but if you'd like the next time I enhance I can record how I do it, if you want to learn.  :)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 04 February 21 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the offer but I prefer my restorations to reflect the age of the photo and not a modern reproduction.
You are obviously good at what you do but I enjoy repairing old photos using the information that is within the image, in keeping with the era that it was taken.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline TROOPER ROLLO

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 05 February 21 10:07 GMT (UK) »
What a choice you guys have given me.
There is some wonderful talent out there and I thank you all for your work.
I am delighted with the results.