Author Topic: St Thomas parish Dudley record - Hannah Round  (Read 300 times)

Offline lirp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Thomas parish Dudley record - Hannah Round
« on: Tuesday 16 February 21 18:34 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out about the mother of Cornelius Round, baptized 6 Apr 1783, St.Thomas Church, Dudley. His mother’s name on the record is Hannah Round, (no father’s name) which I assume means he was born out of wedlock. I have found three potential Hannah Rounds who could be his mother, sticking to the Dudley location and sensible time frame, but I have not found a way to tie Cornelius directly to any one of them.
She is potentially the mother to two other sons, both with her name only on their baptism record from the same church. They are Thomas, born 1780 and Daniel Flavel, born 1785.
Cornelius was married 30 Jan 1804 in Birmingham St Martin, and ended up living in Harborne .
I simply don’t know what to do next to establish her identify, so any help or advice would be most welcome.
Thank you!

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: St Thomas parish Dudley record - Hannah Round
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Found this one as the most suitable

Hannah Round
Baptism date   23 Apr 1758   Place   Dudley, Worcestershire

Father   Richard Round      Mother   Hannah

NOTE Dudley is in Worcestershire or Staffordshire according to which section of Dudley and according to which year. Now West Midlands.

The 1768 birth Hannah Round appears to marry and died in 1813
GEDmatch M157477

Offline lirp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Thomas parish Dudley record - Hannah Round
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for this very speedy reply.
The choice you recommend was first on my list. Since the connection is circumstantial rather than definitive, should I still continue researching this line?
(On your last line, are you referring to a different Hannah than the one you suggest, or is the date a typo?)