Author Topic: Louth Lodge dunmore  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Louth Lodge dunmore
« on: Tuesday 16 February 21 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone I don't know if I'm post in the right place but I'm busy doing my family tree and I'm really struggling I have just found out that my Grandad mum passed away in child birth in 1919 and his father put him his twin sister and brother in a home and was never since again but my father was born in louth lodge in 1941. Can anyone let me know where I can go for information please  I would be so grateful as my dad as passed away so don't know where to go as my aunt won't tell me anything

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Louth Lodge dunmore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Yes you can find information.
Grandads name and year of birth (approx)
Thanks
Maggsie

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello my grandad name is James Brady the year he was born was 1919 and he was married to Bridget (cunningham)
I know the lived at louth Lodge around 1941 as my dad Michael was born there

Thank you

Dot

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 February 21 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Reply 18 here explains where louth/South Lodge was 1920s
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=122732.18

when your great grandfather put the children away or he was forced to by court he would still have to pay for their upkeep

my great grandfather was in prison 1900 a month's hard labour his wife was ill in an institution and he worked for a brewery and was away overnight some times two day's driving a horse drawn dray.
When he got home the police were waiting for him over his children running wild all night and the neighbours were also complaining which of course frustated him so he beat them with a belt hence the month's hard labour, his son about 12 was sent to Artane industrial school in Dublin and daughter to Iristown nuns in Wexford my gran did'nt have to go as she was over 16.
The son was held in Artane till he was 16 and then out on licence to a farmer till aged 18 back home by 1911 census.
I got most of this information from the Christian brothers and the nun's
A fellow RootsChatter sent me the info from the Petty Sessions about the upkeep.

Who was your great grandfather where were they living in 1919 have you looked to see if he remarried later ?

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 February 21 12:48 GMT (UK) »
I don't know my great grandfather name and I don't know if he remarried. All I have to go on his my grandad name and my grandma name and the name of they children. My aunt who I asked as not really said anything apart from my great grandma passed away in child birth and that my Grandad had a twin sister and a brother and that all. My dad passed away so I can't ask him anything. And if I do mention anything no one in the family will saying anything

Offline dunmorechris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 02 September 22 09:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Dotty, do you know what your grand dads mums name was?

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 September 22 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi. I'm not 100 per cent of my grandad mum name. As from I have been told she passed away in child birth. I have been told 2 possible a mary Anne Brady who married a James Brady or a Catherine Larkin who married a Francis Brady. I have found a death certificate for Mary Ann Brady who passed away in child birth. Catherine Larkin death certificate is years after my grandad was born

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 02 September 22 12:46 BST (UK) »
It helps to post links to information found to save us from searching for the same details again.
James Brady married Mary Anne Brady- when and where? Mary Anne Brady died- when and where?

Your grandfather born 1919 but where? His birth certificate will list names of both parents unless illegitimate. This thread is on GALWAY board but that covers several registration districts- Ballinasloe, Ballinrobe, Clifden, Galway, Glenamaddy, Gort, Loughrea, Mountbellew, Oughterard, Portunna, Roscommon, Scarriff, Tuam.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 September 22 12:50 BST (UK) »
I can't find my grandad birth certificate any where All I have got his death certificate. I can't even find a marriage certificate for him and my nana Bridget cunningham