Author Topic: Access to Lutheran Baptism's  (Read 390 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Access to Lutheran Baptism's
« on: Thursday 25 February 21 08:27 GMT (UK) »
Is there anyone that has access to Lutheran baptism records? Need to solve a problem of two boys that are thought to be born to the same father but different mothers. One is named Andreas Johannes Wolhuter born abt. 1814 and the other Andries Jacobus Wolhuter b. abt. 1831. I was questioned why do they have the same first name.

So I need info from the baptism records to prove these to boys belong to the same father.

I have both of their death notices, the boy born around 1815 his death notice does not have parents names. The other only has the fathers name Andries Jacobus Wolhuter, same name as the son.
Can enyone help. please Thanks
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Access to Lutheran Baptism's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 February 21 11:04 GMT (UK) »
It might help others to mention that it is quite likely that those guys were born in Cape Town ...

FYI
I can see that https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/WOLHUTER-58 has abt 10 children for Andries Jacobus WOLHUTER (abt. 1791-1856) incl an Andries Johannes WOLHUTER (abt. 1814-1900) and an Andries Jacobus WOLHUTER (abt. 1831-1856).
However … his death notice (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSQF-C9BM-L) mentions only 5 children + a grandchild i.e. the child of his son Andries Jacobus WOLHUTER who had died a few months before his father … i.e. that wikitree might NOT be totally correct and those 2 Andr*s are most likely NOT brothers.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 February 21 11:32 GMT (UK) »
I agree with you Treespirit as I had found the same info :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 February 21 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Did you see Andries Johannes Wolhuter b. abt. 1814 is a abt 3 and years before Andries Jacobus Wolhuter b. 1791 married Johanna Jacoba Schmidt. So he might be the odd one?

I do not think this would of been excepted in the Lutheran church and why wait so long to get married ? they live right there in Cape Town. The lived in Loopstraat where Andries Sr. had his bakery.

Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey