Author Topic: SOLVED: thanks. when was Clement Ostrehan born?  (Read 226 times)

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
SOLVED: thanks. when was Clement Ostrehan born?
« on: Tuesday 02 March 21 12:09 GMT (UK) »
The birth of (Arthur) Clement Henry Ostrehan was announced in The Times on 15 Dec. 1885 and in Freeman's Journal two days later.  I have images of those announcements which both clearly state 9 Dec. as the date of birth -- though of course we don't know how bad his father's handwriting was.

The familysearch web site says he was baptized on the 6th, and that the info came from Findmypast.  I haven't come across baptism in utero before!

Would some kind soul with a subscription be prepared to look for him in the 1939 Register and see what date of birth he gave then?  Or does someone perhaps have a register for Bloxham school or Leeds University (if there is such a thing)?

Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: when was Clement Ostrehan born?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Would some kind soul with a subscription be prepared to look for him in the 1939 Register and see what date of birth he gave then? 

It's against the terms of this website.
Regardless of which, you can confirm it by trial and error in the free search.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: when was Clement Ostrehan born?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 12:37 GMT (UK) »
As above - 1939 lookups are not allowed on Rootschat
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED: thanks. when was Clement Ostrehan born?
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Glad it's solved but just to add the baptism was actually 6/1/1886.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED: thanks. when was Clement Ostrehan born?
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Annette.  Things slot into place now!
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds