Author Topic: Postcard sign off text  (Read 283 times)

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
  • Photo is 2020 me. Got fed up with my old silly one
    • View Profile
Postcard sign off text
« on: Wednesday 03 March 21 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, have loads of old greeting postcards for relations. Just looking at this one (see image) do you think the bit after "Mother" is "I L" as in Mother-in-law?  Or am I misreading "Mother"?

Thank you
MJ
Fouldes.<br />Any area where our family are.  My branch started around Derbyshire, Nott's and Yorkshire.  We ended up in South Lincolnshire!  So yay!  Course any area with Fouldes in would help!  See my family tree below for what gaps I have!  Cheers!

Would also like to see any Beaumont's from Sheffield as I have lots of family photos & can't identify them!!

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Postcard sign off text
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 March 21 00:19 GMT (UK) »
JT perhaps. Or IT. It’s an unusual way for a “mother” to sign off unless she was a mother in law.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 March 21 09:28 GMT (UK) »
To me it looks like J F. 

I've had a look at one of your recent posts and see that Maud Beaumont married a John Fouldes.  Could  the initials refer to John's mother (i.e  Mother J F).

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
  • Photo is 2020 me. Got fed up with my old silly one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 March 21 09:35 GMT (UK) »
To me it looks like J F. 

I've had a look at one of your recent posts and see that Maud Beaumont married a John Fouldes.  Could  the initials refer to John's mother (i.e  Mother J F).

Gadget

Ahh that is a good call. Plus her name was Julia Fouldes and she is mother of Jack Fouldes. So either way it points to the same person!

Thanks very much!

MJ
Fouldes.<br />Any area where our family are.  My branch started around Derbyshire, Nott's and Yorkshire.  We ended up in South Lincolnshire!  So yay!  Course any area with Fouldes in would help!  See my family tree below for what gaps I have!  Cheers!

Would also like to see any Beaumont's from Sheffield as I have lots of family photos & can't identify them!!