Author Topic: Rimington birth in Dresden  (Read 461 times)

Online HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
Rimington birth in Dresden
« on: Thursday 01 April 21 14:12 BST (UK) »
I believe that Lucy Agnes Claire, youngest daughter of Frank Cartwright Rimington and his wife Alice Mary Ottilie von Rosenberg, was born in Dresden on 6 Oct. 1898, but don't know where that detail came from.

Can anyone please find for me a birth registration, newspaper announcement, baptism, or some other form of evidence?
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Rimington birth in Dresden
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 April 21 17:56 BST (UK) »
but don't know where that detail came from

But where did you get it from?  If it was from somebody's tree - have you contacted the tree owner to establish where they got it from?

EDIT

You will find her on the 1939 register
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 April 21 18:06 BST (UK) »
Tree on Ancestry shows parents married 13.3.1891 in Striesen Saxony and had 4 children in 11yrs.  Frank died in Monaco in 1935

Perhaps the tree owner has more info although birthyear is shown as 1899 - no actual birthdate

You will already know she married but this is her death reg - no birthdate shown

Lucy A C Wilkinson aged 67 Sept qtr 1966
Sutton  5e  196   She left a will

See edit above re 1939 register
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 April 21 18:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you (though I don't regard fAnciestree as a reliable source).

I'd never heard of Striesen but see it's a suburb of Dresden.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 April 21 18:29 BST (UK) »
how interesting
Otto George Von Rosenberg married Eliza RIMINGTON
ONE DAUGHTER
Alice Hary Von Rosenberg ( not Mary )
Alice Hary Von Rosenberg married Frank Cartwright Rimington
but - that is if this tree owner has the right facts of course
Frank - https://gw.geneanet.org/sethsmith3?lang=en&p=frank+cartwright&n=rimmington
Alice - https://gw.geneanet.org/sethsmith3?lang=en&p=alice+hary&n=von+rosenberg

to me the interesting info is that Alices mum was a Rimington - and she married a Rimington ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 April 21 18:55 BST (UK) »
In the set “Dresden, Deutschland, Geburtsregister, 1876-1907” Frank and Alice (residence: Östlich) have 2 female children in Dresden:
#1 - 11 Aug 1895 (registration 14 Aug) – Enid Winifred
#2 - 6 Oct 1898 (registration 12 Oct) – Lucy Agnes Clare

Update:
She’s also mentioned briefly in the following “"Standesamtliche nachrichten mit Geburts-, Heirats-, und Sterberegister, Dresden" (without her first name): https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSPX-53F4-6 (#3478).
I suspect that the Rimington’s took some time to name their children. In the “Geburtsregister” their names are not mentioned in the main part (transcribed as weiblich/female), but seem to have been added a few weeks later.

Online HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 April 21 13:22 BST (UK) »
That's great, Tree Spirit: ich danke Dir recht herzlich!

And yes, I suspected her parents were cousins, though I'm sure the "Hary" is a misreading of someone's handwriting.

I'm a bit restricted in my searches as the Mormons have stopped recognizing the existence of Windows XP.  In any case, there's no way I can decipher that old German script!