Author Topic: Robert Wilson/ Mary Kate Devereux marr.1906 Cork  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Chooch

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Wilson/ Mary Kate Devereux marr.1906 Cork
« on: Sunday 25 April 21 09:58 BST (UK) »
The story goes that Robert B.1879 Cumlodden Argyllshire was a seaman and I have him in census 1881 through 1911, and Mary I also have in census 1881 through to 1911 when she lived Georges st., Lower Cork as Head of family with three children Thomas 4, Jeane/Jane 3 and Michael 9/12mths plus two boarders. I have Michaels details through life, but am confused about Thomas's birth etc., and Jean/Jane/Janet  as her name seems to vary.
Mary states in 1911 that she had 5 births, two have died. To add to this confusion in 1912 apparently she had Robert and in 1914 James/Jimmy but then things seem to get sticky.
The story continues that Mary passed away and that Robert married Isabella Holland, I did find a marriage in Irelands Index for Isabella Holland with Groom Robert Wilson in 1919 Cork and family have said they moved back to Scotland where Robert apparently passed away 1963 Edinburgh but I cannot find a death for Mary prior to this,  Isabella may have died1976 Scotland.
A Mary 'Anne' Wilson passed away 19th May 1920,res. Grand View Terrace Victoria rd, Cork and Admin was granted to Robert Wilson , husband, certified by Commissary Clerk Edinburgh and this is what family trees on 'A' believe is our Mary, but that doesn't make sense to me unless they actually divorced, anyway 1922 found a Robert Wilson rtd Engineer of same address who passed away then.
Continuing the story ( sorry it's so long) Robert Wilson and Isabella went on to have three children of their own 1920, 1926 and 1928.

Now I do know that Michael was sent to Canada and POSSIBLY Thomas,Robert and James did as well as part of Mr Fegans homes but believe Jean/Jane stayed in Edinburgh.
So please, any help regarding births, marriages and deaths of any of these people to help me find my way forward would be most appreciated.
Again apologies for such a long story but I've tried to give as much info' as I can.
Bear - Essex/ London/Middlesex
Fleming - Stockton,Wiltshire,
Gatward - Essex/Middlesex
Haggar/Hagger- Essex/Middlesex
Osborne - Somerset/Lond/Middlesex. CAN/USA
Page -Essex/Hertfordshire/Middlesex/Canada/USA
Rawlings - Lond/Middlesex UK
Woodroff/e -Wiltshire, Lond/Middlesex
Tillcock - Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Wilson/ Mary Kate Devereux marr.1906 Cork
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 April 21 10:16 BST (UK) »

The story goes that Robert B.1879 Cumlodden Argyllshire was a seaman and I have him in census 1881 through 1911, and Mary I also have in census 1881 through to 1911 when she lived Georges st., Lower Cork as Head of family with three children Thomas 4, Jeane/Jane 3 and Michael 9/12mths plus two boarders. I have Michaels details through life, but am confused about Thomas's birth etc., and Jean/Jane/Janet  as her name seems to vary.
Mary states in 1911 that she had 5 births, two have died. ........

Here's the link to the 1911 census. She was married five years, with three children born and three still living.
Residents of a house 27 in Georges Street Lower (Cork No. 2 Urban, Cork).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cork/Cork_No__2_Urban/Georges_Street_Lower/393980/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001876620/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Chooch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 April 21 10:22 BST (UK) »
Aah! thank you, that makes so much more sense.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 April 21 10:33 BST (UK) »

I have Michaels details through life, but am confused about Thomas's birth etc., and Jean/Jane/Janet  as her name seems to vary.

Thomas Christopher Wilson born in 1906. MMN transcribed as Devenreux.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1907/01703/1675400.pdf

Jane Wilson born 1908.
No image is available, so a transcript of the register entry.
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01qjr/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 April 21 10:42 BST (UK) »

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 April 21 10:44 BST (UK) »
James Wilson birth - the same address as Mary’s death - 20 Lower George Street
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1914/01407/1578459.pdf

Offline Chooch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 April 21 10:50 BST (UK) »
Oh' you wonderful people, thank you so much Kiltaglasson and Heywood, this is a tremendous help in clearing things for me, helping me to make sense of it all. :)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 April 21 11:25 BST (UK) »
Oh' you wonderful people, thank you so much Kiltaglasson and Heywood, this is a tremendous help in clearing things for me, helping me to make sense of it all. :)

You're very welcome, Chooch  ;D  ;D
We get a kick from being able to supply links to various bits of information.